The adventures of 'Team Klingon'

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lady K, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Shhhhh... I don't want God to even have a hint to give me that! :biggrin_2551:

Nope this is mainly a stuffy nose and sore throat with swollen lymph glands... Sticking with soft foods and liquids, any thing else hurts to swallow.

I'm just glad there is some time on this load... I won't be happy if it continues, but right now it's a blessing :biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Little advice, any hint of the butt flu, shut er down and get a hotel! Your other option is to ride in the trailer with a bucket!

Lady K Thanks this.
  4. DragonTamerBrat

DragonTamerBrat Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Lady K, it's gross, it's icky, but try a netti-pot. They help clear out the garbage up there pretty well. Good luck, and get better soon!

Wedge and Lady K Thank this.
  5. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    This whole thread has taken a disgusting turn.

Lady K Thanks this.
  6. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

LOL ... Have bucket and air freshened - will travel :biggrin_2556: you're right though a hotel would be much nicer (for both of us :biggrin_25523:)

I've been using an abbreviated form of that, and you're right it does make a big difference to the better. That's the normal saline part of what I've been doing... Mostly just have the swollen lymph glands and sore throat left now.

LOL - it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Before becoming a driver, I was a nurse. I never seemed to be asked what happened at work over dinner for some reason :biggrin_25525:! My sister in law was also a nurse (for a correctional facility); we cleared a section in a restaurant once talking about work over a meal :biggrin_25523:

With the load they gave us it will give us both a 34. Not that we needed one, and if I was feeling up to snuff I would have complained. However I needed the down time, so we are taking it as a gift :biggrin_25514:

7. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Well another week in and rolling along... MT trailers seem to be in short supply in AZ, but barring that, so far so good... Not the 5000 miles we were hoping for, but better than what we were doing... We're going to give it at least a month to see how things 'flow'... Running mostly from AZ to IL then to WI and back to AZ... This last one was from AZ to CO and back... But this one is constantly rolling and minimal wait time (loading, unloading). In fact at one stop we 'lumped' our own load... The whole single pallet... LOL! $30/hr and a little exercise :^)

My cold is gone, but now Gary is getting the runny nose :^\ We need to get some more zinc!!

Well I guess I should try to get back to sleep... My shift will start in about 4 hours... :biggrin_255:

celticwolf Thanks this.
  8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Well I guess we are running more than before... We're bumping up against our 70. That's a new feeling :^) so getting loaded now, and have until Thursday to get to AZ... Not a problem, but we are going to have watch our hours closer. Kind of a nice thing to worry about :biggrin_25525: Well got a green light so got to go.... Bye for now :biggrin_255:

9. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Best settlement yet!! So this is what it feels like :biggrin_255: I LIKE!! We got just over 6000 miles, and Klingon thinks it's because he didn't get one of our trip packs in for the week before, but for what ever reason, it was a nice one! They are routing us by our house so we will get a day of 'home' time, so we will enjoy that... But then right back out :biggrin_25525:

We have been REALLY lucky so far regarding the winter storms.. We've been able to be right in front, or right behind them for the most part... Now if we can keep that up - LOL!

So let me wish any and all that read this thread a very Merry Christmas!!
    May this holiday season be filled with life, laughter and love!

Wedge and halfburn Thank this.
  10. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

A year in review...
    Well a readers digest version anyways... My memory isn't what it should be... Product of turning 50 this year - LOL!

Well the first part of the year I was busy moving our stuff into a small room and trying to make it a place for us to 'live' when we would get 'home'... Also moving my daughter and her husband into what we called home. Kissed Gary and sent him off to run with his trainer and tried to live without him for a couple months. Oh and I was still working during all of this... Talk about being scattered... So much that had to get done and so much left undone because I only had a month to do it in and was pulled in so many directions that is seems like I did nothing at all...

Next step of my life was to leave the beautiful home my husband and I built, to take a huge leap of faith. Faith that what we were doing was the right thing. Faith that doing this would provide enough money to keep our 'home' in the family. I left a job that I had for over 12 years, and a little boy that was very dear to my heart and the family that came with him. I left stability, routine, my comfort zone, family and friends... I left to train to become a truck driver.

God works in ways that when you look back you might be able to grasp just a glimps of his plans... I've seen it in my life, and I saw it some with just this past year. DD & SIL their lease was up on their apt and they were looking for a place, we needed someone to care for our home. Then with all our incomes the house could be saved, and kept in the family.

So I did my training and Gary was out on his own for a month, then we were finally able to do this together. That period of time I think was very important for both of us. For myself it was to prove to myself that I can do things on my own. It was scary to leave everything that was familiar, and not have Gary beside me when I did... But I did it!! For him I think it made him appreciate me more, and not take my presence for granted... It's also something I really don't want to do again - LOL!

Now we are together - living in a walk in closet on wheels. We still love each other and haven't killed each other (yet) LOL! My daughter and son in law have gifted us with a precious Grandchild, and they are learning how to be a family. Our house is still occupied by family, but our 'home' is now more than ever wherever the other person is... I have been taught (and it's a lesson I'm still learning) that family is more important than things. I'm learning how to let go... But I must admit a times I still grieve for the past, and the time of plenty (didn't think it was plenty at the time, but I sure do now!!)...

Not sure what this New Year will bring, but I welcome it with open arms!

onemoremile and Panhandle flash Thank this.
  11. irishwarrior

irishwarrior Medium Load Member

Dec 21, 2011
    williamsburg iowa
    ummm i have a question but i forgot who you work for

irishwarrior aka hawkeye42799

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.