The adventures of 'Team Klingon'

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lady K, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

If you don't want to post anything... You can go into the 'thread tools' on the top right and 'subscribe' or post something and you will automatically be subscribed... Then when you hit the User CP your subscribed threads will come up... On the left side of the title of the tread there is a small arrow type thing... That will take you to the first unread post. :biggrin_255: Don't ask me how long it took me to figure THAT one out - LOL!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Yep you got it!! Took me the longest time to figure that one out :biggrin_25514:

4. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Well we finally got out of AZ and back into CA... Almost back 'Home'... Thought right now are that we will stay close to home with one of us doing solo runs so the other can take care of things with Momma... That is one thing about leasing... PAY ATTENTION FOLKS... Even if the wheels aren't turning, you are STILL paying... So the wheels HAVE TO ROLL!! Sure it's nice to have some options as to route, fuel, etc... But there is a big down side too! And this is one of them... Now if we were still company drivers, we would just not make any money... And if we were out of the truck long enough they would unseat us and we would have to move to another truck when we came back. So we will do what we need to do... This is going to be a thin month!!

Wedge Thanks this.
  5. Purendurance

Purendurance Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Henderson, NV
    This is something I need help with. I have no idea how to be a spotter. Where would i find info about it?

6. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Not sure where to find info... But what we do is one of us has a hand held CB the other backing... It's then just a flow of info ... Such as you have 5 ft till you hit the gate or you have room and doing good. Just so there are eyes on the ground. Also if/when we have found ourselves in the situation of needing to back up into a street, some one is on the ground to flag on coming drivers and to let the other know to hold up or come on it's clear... Once you get to know each others techniques, you will work out your own system I'm sure :biggrin_25525:

7. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia
    And especially when you have to back in the big cities. No one likes to stop for trucks. I guess we're just too slow.

Lady K Thanks this.
  8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Well Gary is finishing this load solo, and I'm dealing with the hospital... Totally envious of Gary!! LOL! :biggrin_25523:

9. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Momma didn't need surgery - amazing for a broken hip!! However the amount of paperwork we are having to wade though is overwhelming!! It looks like we will be here at least until Sunday... it will hurt the pocket sitting still for so long, but you got to do what you got to do!!

This will mean at least one negitive check, possibly two... but we will deal with that when it comes...

So again - THIS is one of the down sides to leasing!! If we were still company drivers, the only thing would be we weren't earning money. Since we are lease, not only are we not earning money, but the truck is costing us money sitting in the driveway... still don't regret the decision to go lease, but then I've not always been the sharpest crayon in the box :biggrin_25523:

Wedge Thanks this.
  10. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia
    Best wishes for your mom.

Definite ups and downs to the leasing scenario. Helps to have a bag of money lying around for emergencies. It'll get better.

Lady K Thanks this.
  11. irishwarrior

irishwarrior Medium Load Member

Dec 21, 2011
    williamsburg iowa

Lady K and Wedge Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.