The adventures of 'Team Klingon'

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lady K, Dec 10, 2010.

1. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Besides your maintenance account its good to have a separate account or stash that will take care of a months truck payments. Helps when you go home too!

You can use two cell phones too for backing. Like dumb nuts my wife and I bought those handheld walkie-talkie's and $40 later realized we could do the same thing with our phones! Forty dollar double brainfart!

LadyK don't sweat it. You have your ups and downs, breakups and breakdowns! You guys have been at it hard for awhile now and you know exactly what you have to do to obtain your sweet spot! When family calls though you gotta do what you have to do to take care of them. The money will be there once you guys get rollin again. Worst comes to worst your hubby can train for a month if you really get behind.

Wedge and Lady K Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Oh yeah... learning about that too. The 'maintainance' account that Central has, we found out that it costs us $20 for them to access our money to pay for maintainance (took us 3 comchecks - $60 - 1 settlement - to figure THAT out) ... so we now have only a limited amount in there - just enough for a set of tires (so we can use their 'National Account' discount). We are setting the same amount aside in 'our' business savings account ($50/wk and $0.05/mile) - then there is no charge to access it. Also we tend to not use it if we have the funds to cover the small maintainace in the checking account :biggrin_25525: Plus in that Savings account we set aside 25% of our Net (after fuel and other set costs/week) for taxes, which might be too much, but its better too much than scrambling for $$ at the last minute :biggrin_25524:

Love the brain fart!! However with using Cell Phones - make sure there is a constant flow of info... we were using the blue tooth one time and one side died... I was yelling STOP and Gary couldn't hear me so thought everything was OK... yeah that wasn't pretty - shaved a guys front fender off... ONLY accident last year, but still one too many!! So now with the constant flow, if there isn't any words, we stop and find out why!!

We were considering both of us taking the Trainer's course... it would take us totally re-arrainging the inside of the truck though. We have our fridge strapped to the upper bunk, and I have a feeling Gary would be uncomfortable with me training - LOL! Thankfully it hasn't come to that yet... we have a support system (our daughter) at home, but some things we just have to do ourselves - especially paperwork that needs signatures :biggrin_2556:

Wedge Thanks this.
  4. Kaptkirk

Kaptkirk Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2012
    ft white fl
    Sounds like you 2 are doing good...I tried the O/O thing a long time ago and failed at it.

Good luck.

Lady K Thanks this.
  5. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

LOL - so far - so so... :biggrin_25523:

Life has intruded some - we will see... :biggrin_25525:

6. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Loved being home (for the most part) but can't wait to get rolling again!! I think its in my blood :biggrin_25523:

Wedge Thanks this.
  7. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Uh oh... your DONE!! Hook line and sinker! Time to join the "White Line Fever Support Group"

"My name is Lady K, and I'm a trucking addict. :biggrin_25525:

Lady K, Wedge and Klingon Thank this.
  8. irishwarrior

irishwarrior Medium Load Member

Dec 21, 2011
    williamsburg iowa
    hey jarhead to former grain haulers count ??

9. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

On the road again... Two loads lined up... Just out of Sac and a call from the care home... ARG!!

10. irishwarrior

irishwarrior Medium Load Member

Dec 21, 2011
    williamsburg iowa
  11. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Yep she's heading back to the hospital... This sucks!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.