The adventures of 'Team Klingon'

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lady K, Dec 10, 2010.

1. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Good timing....

Lady K Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

And we didn't even plan it that way... LOL!

4. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Trucker intuition! The force must be strong with you two!

:smt032

5. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Well with the storm, the dealer hasn't received ANY parts they've ordered... So we are here for another day... Sigh... This room is getting small, and we don't want to spend for a rental car... Enough is going out and none coming in... Sigh...

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  6. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    LadyK be sure to speak to the higher ups at Central! On many occasions we were reimbursed for stuff like rental cars, hotels etc... especially when stuff was under warranty and the delay was the fault of the manufacturer. Like I said in previous posts, Central actually got us a huge settlement from Volvo for a lot of that stuff!

7. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Already got the call in... :)

Its not what we would make if we were rolling, but its better than nothing!! It basically covers the hotel room and food.

8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Well parts are in and the truck is SUPPOSE to be done this morning... Irritation though... We called Central to start the 'down time' stuff, now the shop is calling Central instead of us!! GRRR!

9. Klingon

Klingon Heavy Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Well, LadyK will most likely NEVER let me have Internet when I am bored again.
    Last night, I found a 20 acre silver mine in Nevada for sale... I bought it!
    im glad there was not a couch in the hotel room or I may brave had to sleep on it.... Lol...

Joking aside, we had been looking for Nevada land for a while now.... The silver mine is just a bennie.

Wedge Thanks this.
  10. Stand4112

Stand4112 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Thank you Klingon and Lady K for your thread. I have read it and also follow you on Central Truck Stop II. I appreciate the time you take to post your adventures. I begin my adventure with TDA in Sacramento on Monday. I am scheduled for orientation with CRS in Fontana on March 18. I hope I can meet you someday in the not too distant future.

Good luck with your silver mine.

-Steve

11. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

That's awesome!! Wishing you the best... Once you get out here, look us up :)

PS... If you have any questions we can help you with, just let us know... We will try to answer them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.