The adventures of 'Team Klingon'

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lady K, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

You are a brave man!! LOL :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Well I guess it's been a while since I've 'updated' this thread... Been yacking on FB and the Central Truck Stop II thread, but haven't updated here... Oops!

It looks like the last 'what are we doing' type post was when our truck was in the shop... Again... In Denver. Well it was a leaking DEF cooler hose. Yeah, us and coolant stuff... Sigh... But we got to wait out a big storm we would of had to drive through (no we didn't plan that, but it was good timing), then got placed back OTR until we could slide back into our loop. Boy am I glad to get back to our loop!! Don't get me wrong, it was nice seeing parts of the country we haven't seen for a while, but I like our loop :)

So we are back on it... Didn't get our 34, so we are running on recaps, waiting outside our GA stop looking forward to Thursday when we get to see HOME even if its only for 24hrs. It's better than nothing!

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Well we're off again. Hitting Starbucks before we pick up our load to Georgia. Then comes the decision to go the north route or the south route. Looks like snow either way.

Cy Ran Thanks this.
  5. johnyquest

johnyquest Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2013
    im astonished by this site never knew it existed im a experienced driver who has been out of truck for awhile so have to start over trying to get with central so doing research and found this good info on here but i have a few questions im gonna run solo is central a good fit cause it seems its a team company by this site and just asking for insight as i am trying to start over and have fun and be loyal to a company who in return is loyal to me

6. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

There are many drivers that run solo, and a good number of solo runs... They even ask over the QC if there are any solos interested in certain fleets. My recommendation though, if you are solo and are going to STAY solo... DON'T LEASE!

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  7. johnyquest

johnyquest Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2013
    well thanks for the info i was wondering about the lease thing i have also heard horror stories about starting there and i cand read through the lines obviously its not for everyone i read most of your guys blogs and im definetly interested i live in texas so where would i go for my school and being that i have experience i was told as long as it was verifiable my pay would be higher than a rookie do you know if this true and can you tell me what to expect and or what to stay away from so i dont get caught up in the drama you know what i mean i have a friend who has experience and wants to team i trust him with my life to do this what are your thoughts and my recruiter is madison any insight

8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

So far. I am really liking 287!! It bypasses Laramie to Cheyenne... Cuts that corner off... Not as much snow... Gentler grades...

It was reported to have white out conditions near Jack Tone Rd... With icy areas and HIGH winds, speed limit dropped to 45... The conditions we have on 287 are dry roads (so far) and a nice tail wind...

Now when we reach 25 in Fort Collins then turn east on 70, that might be another story :biggrin_25523:

9. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

image.jpg

Well the trip from 80 to 25 via 287 worked well... However we are now stuck in Denver... Maybe we should have stayed on 80!! Lord only knows when it will open up... Sigh...

10. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    I saw all the winter storm warnings when I came through there yesterday morning. They were calling for a foot of snow around Denver yesterday and today in the forcast I made it to Austin TX and it is in the 70's. Got lucky once again, but I will have to head back to WA come Monday. Good luck to you guys.

Are you guys working on your TV show deal with Discovery Channel for Silver Rush yet? :biggrin_25523:

11. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

LOL ... Not yet, but that's an idea :biggrin_25525:

We haven't even seen the property yet... But scheduled time off (claiming tax time) and will go check it out then!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.