The adventures of 'Team Klingon'

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lady K, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Klingon

Klingon Heavy Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Ok blame it on me!

Lady K Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lux Prometheus

Lux Prometheus Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    San Venganza, Tx
    Oh, you're talking about Fort Worth!! Yeah, they tend to know know which way is up.

And Collin County (mine) is alone bigger than Rhode Island.

So which is it? North/south, or east/west?

4. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

View attachment 63654

I love the weekly home time!

Well we are starting to get some ducks and put them in a row... Initial paperwork went to the bank to see if we can get pre-approved for a loan to buy Matilda... It's a bit up in the air because we try to get info from Central, they say talk with Swift. Swift says talk with Central! OK guys, lease is up at the end of May, first part of June... Let's figure who we have to pay!

Back out on the road again, doing our loop... Put a home time request in for a week off in April... Tax time, big maintenance, and a baby shower for grand baby #2!!

NoCoCraig and thePUNISHER Thank this.
  5. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Well we have some news......

We went to the bank today and signed papers to purchase our truck!! WOO HOO!!

Finally got the buy out price. That minus our 'over mileage'... Our payments will be cut almost in HALF! I'm happy :)

We are planning on staying where we are (Central/Swift) while we explore options. Not sure if we want a 'route', or pick your own... Maybe even go flat or drop deck (that would be new!)... Or we might actually stay where we are... Time will tell :biggrin_25525:

6. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Congratulations on your purchase of your truck. I sure hope it all works out well, the reduced premium will be a lot better for you.

Hope you have a great Easter

7. dtcscout

dtcscout Medium Load Member

Jun 4, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Congratulations! I'm sure you'll definitely keep us updated!

8. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
  9. Punky74

Punky74 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Arizona
    Hi Lady K and Klingon. This is Punky74. It has been awhile since I have been writing, but I saw that you guys now have your own page you started so I thought I would say hi and let you know how things have gone since I started. Back in late 2012 and early 2013 I was doing my research about trucking on the Central Refrigerator Truck Stop II. That is where it all started for me. Ended up with CRST. Still with them after a year. My experience has been a good one. While the "Team" thing is starting to wear on me a bit it is still good and I am hesitant to leave at the moment because I havee a great dispatcher and we get a lot of miles. I have had the same coo-driver my entire time here at CRST, but he is moving on to become a trainer so I will be getting a different co here in a couple of weeks. Anyway, that is my update. P.S. I need to buy another trash can for the truck. Was wondering if there are actual trucking trash cans that work better and stow away for ease based on the small size of the cab or just any old thing will do? What do you guys do for a trash can? Looking for something that will sit firm on the floor next to the seat if possible?

Anyway, glad to hear you both are still doing well on the road.

Punky74

10. thePUNISHER

thePUNISHER Medium Load Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Merced, CA
  11. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

What we use is a plastic shopping hung over the passenger arm rest :) it's small enough it gets emptied frequently and doesn't get in the way (to much)... Plus we have a dog, so the floor doesn't work for us ... That area is his!

Glad things are working out for you at CRST... Do you pull reefer or flat? I'm not sure if I could team with an unknown quality... At least winter is almost over!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.