The adventures of 'Team Klingon'

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lady K, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Team Klingon, Congrats on the truck! Oh, and keep this discussion going. My girlfriend is kind of kinky and it's really getting her in the mood.

Lux Prometheus and Lady K Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Klingon

Klingon Heavy Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks Clyde....
    We are now looking forward to making changes to the truck that we have been wanting to make but didn't think we could with it being a lease truck.

As far as your girlfriend goes.... I can only say.... Try buying her a tight leather mini shirt, tight leather vest and her own rubber hose.... Enjoy!
    (Don't forget to post pics)
    lol.....

4. Klingon

Klingon Heavy Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    BTW
    Load Locks.... Multiple use item in the truck..... Secure your load and they work pretty good as a poll for "poll dancing" in the truck. But let me caution you.... You could loose your load!

Oh come on people.... Get your mind out of the gutter! If the load lock is NOT in the trailer the pallets could slide or even tip over.... SSSHHHHeeeezzzzzz.....

5. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

The wire of funds has been sent... Awaiting confirmation that IEL received it... Bank says its instantaneous, IEL says it would take until tomorrow... 40 days and counting that we NEED that clear title!

6. Lux Prometheus

Lux Prometheus Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    San Venganza, Tx
    Ya gotta have a spare one, tho...

Bigdubber Thanks this.
  7. rlem

rlem Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Great thread here. Did take a while to finally get through it all. But it was worth the read. So many good stories and a bunch of laughs at different points of it too.

Thanks for writing it and keeping it going.

Lady K Thanks this.
  8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

:) Thank you!

Sometimes I forget to update in this thread because I've posted in the Central thread or one of the others, and don't want to do a duplicate... But maybe I should do some cut and paste to keep things more up to date...

What we are working on now is getting our own authority and a trailer... REALLY getting tired of dealing with the penny pinching, micro managing, passing the buck of Swiftral... Or maybe it's getting so bad BECAUSE we have options...

Well we are on the east bound leg of our loop... Probably will stop in Amarillo at the TA for my free Mother's Day dinner. Met up with Odie from the JBC in Kingman... And right now I'm going to pull the curtain and pretend its dark out...

G'night :D

Bigdubber Thanks this.
  9. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Dinner was good! T-bone steak and shrimp (we split the dinner) and only cost $8 ... SCORE!

Played tag with the storms running through TX last night... Stalled and let them go ahead of us. That means we can't dilly dally around and run around Walmart today like we usually do. Shopping for the Grandkids you know ;) We were just being cautious though... Only 56K GVW and 45-50 MPH crosswind gusts... Yeah, we'll let that go ahead of us. The light show was AWESOME though!

Well we called OOIDA and are starting the ball rolling, insurance and permits. We will see where this takes us. Figure we get our Authority we don't HAVE to use it, but we have it if need be... And personally, I think we are going to use it.

10. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    Are you sure you can be leased on to a carrier and have your own authority at the same time? I thought that was not allowed. Would be nice to know for sure.

11. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

We can have our own Authority, but don't HAVE to run under that authority... I guess it would also depend on the company you're leased onto. If Swiftral has a problem with it, that won't hurt our feelings ;)

vikingswen Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.