The adventures of 'Team Klingon'

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lady K, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia
    Way to go Lady K!

You'll only be nervous up until you start school. You'll be fine once you begin.

I've put aside money to buy you and Klingon coffee, so don't let me down. I expect to meet you guys out there one these days. I need to add your names to my list of TTR members that I've met. :biggrin_255:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

LOL - thanks Wedge!! I'm looking forward to it!! I like the idea of putting the names of folks you meet in the signature line - when we meet, I will add yours :D

Wedge Thanks this.
  4. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I feel you guys on the weather. After that cluster fudge in NYC with the last snow, they've suspended deliveries for a while.

Gah, grounded sucks.

Wedge Thanks this.
  5. celticwolf

celticwolf Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    Ends today at 19:45 if I have shove this trailer ......... j/k.

I will back it in gently :biggrin_2559:

6. notezbngrn71

notezbngrn71 Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Stevensville, MI
    I know how you feel! We're snowed in Montville, Connecticut. Picked up a preload in Montville, CT bound for north of Buffalo, NY. Thankfully my trainer's stepmom lives only a few miles away from where we parked the truck for the night. So she came and picked us up to stay at her place last night. Looks like we'll be here all day and another night as well.

7. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Well Klingon is getting some adverse weather driving experience :D Going through IL on the way to SLC - his trainer is happy now - LOL!

8. Klingon

Klingon Heavy Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    I got to drive in a couple of white outs today.... and some lite snow.... and I don't know what it was a couple of other times... but it was slick...

I drove 400 miles today in 10 hours.. all the snow in Indiana and a bunch of wrecks...
    going to bed now got to get up at 2am to start driving again...

9. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Sleep well!! ((HUG)) :smt008

10. dietcokegirl

dietcokegirl Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Dayton, Ohio
    Hi Lady K! I just wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading about you and your husbands journey!
    My husband just started driving for Boyd Brothers. We talk about me someday joining him on the road! We have 2 kids at home age 8 and 6 so it will be a "few" years!! LOL!!
    I also had RNY, it will be 10 years ago in April.
    :biggrin_25519:

11. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

SWEET!! Yeah my daughter (our one and only) is 26, married and is expecting her first - so she is old enough for us not to be in town all the time. Maybe you can have a 'summer camp' for the kids and go on a ride along for a couple weeks... see if its something you would enjoy doing. Klingon on and I would take vacations where we would just pick a direction - not destination - and just go :)

Congrats on the RNY - our was in April of 2009 - so we are coming up on our 2 year surgiversary :D we definately would NOT be doing this is we hadn't of had the surgery. The straw that tipped us over the edge is both of us being diagnosed as diabetics. Now - BS are completely normal!! He no longer needs any asthma meds, heart meds, etc. and the same goes for me!!

PS: in my avatar - those are his old pants we are both standing in... and they are even a bit loose (Woo Hoo) together we have lost about 350#!! Now the goal is to KEEP it off! (easier said than done at times)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.