the attitude of the "new breed of driver"

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by richerdman, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Texas_incognito

Texas_incognito Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Texas
    What's a new breed driver? That's him over there, the one dressed in a sweat stained t-shirt with a fat roll or two hanging out over the waist band of his sweat pants and flip flops on his feet. His teeth are yellow, he needs a shave and a hair cut. That's him, sitting over there in the drivers section. He's loud and obnoxious. Every other word is a swear word, as if no one's children, wives, mothers or daughters are in the place.
    Turn your CB on around a truck stop and you'll hear his filthy mouth again. Look at him, throwing his trash and pee bottles out in the parking lot.
    There's his truck, parked on the fuel island, but he's not getting fuel and here he comes, McDonald's bag in one hand, 64oz coke cup in the other.
    His truck is as nasty as he is. It's missing a mud flap and has a couple of burned out lights. Poor slob wouldn't know a pre trip inspection if it jumped up and bit him. I can't imagine what the inside must look like.
    If I just described you, you're the problem. Clean up your act or go home.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Just don't try and back up around a corner at night down an alley in the Rain.:biggrin_2559:

Lilbit Thanks this.
  4. jpracer1

jpracer1 Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2009
    been driving for 30 years and i wear shorts,flip flops and a clean shirt all the time weather permits,always clean with my teeth brushed and hair cut short,sorry that i dont fit the typical old school driver, but if im gonna roll down the road for any length of miles i'm gonna be comfy,sorry and yes i am old school,oh yeah my truck is always clean,polished after winter and will pass a level 1 at anytime too

5. frago

frago Light Load Member

May 26, 2008
    NW Iowa
    If the shoe does not fit , why are you trying it on?

Texas_incognito Thanks this.
  6. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Usually when I see that guy he is in his forties, I'd hardly say that's the "new" breed. The guys in their twenties are the "new" breed and that isn't generally what they look like.

7. Texas_incognito

Oct 9, 2012
    Texas
    Not necessarily, lots of different age groups getting into the business these days. The newbie drivers
    aren't all youngsters anymore.

8. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    No. But a lot of them who have been out here for a few years just don't care. They are scum. They are dirty, dumb and just don't care. The world "owes them something". No decent woman would ever talk to them so they hate women. Everything that goes wrong is always someone else's fault. They don't care what they trash up. They don't care how bad they make the industry as a whole look. It's not just new drivers. It's a lot of drivers.

Texas_incognito, Bumpy and Elendil Thank this.
  9. lexmark

lexmark Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    I don't think being a trucker has any influence over something like that. If you're a dirty, nasty slob then you're one no matter where you are in life or what you do for a living.

10. Tonythetruckerdude

Tonythetruckerdude Crusty Deer Slayer

Dec 8, 2012
    hunting...../ retired
    Have to completely agree here Joe. The same type of driver was doing the same thing over 30 years ago.....people are people, some have respect for themselves and others...some don't respect anything or anybody.

11. Texas_incognito

Oct 9, 2012
    Texas
    So we could agree that there is a certain group of drivers comprised of old and new drivers who give the industry a black eye?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.