The Best Company I Have Ever Drove For!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by SheepDog, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Thai

Thai Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2013
    $300 a day?? $1500 gross on a five day week or $2100 on a 7 day week! Wow LOL, where are all these GREAT paying company jobs??

zmpart, Wingnut1 and SheepDog Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jakkyl

jakkyl Bobtail Member

May 21, 2010
    Apple Valley, CA
    I must be a chump!

who are you kidding. This industry of razor tight margins absolutely doesn't support an avg of $300 a day going to direct labor. Or perhaps it's better said that a driving job paying that much is pretty rare. Even for a 'bottom feeder' like me (24 years driving, no accidents and 1 ticket).

SheepDog, Thai and zmpart Thank this.
  4. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    That's a common thing for linehaul LTL. But it takes at least a few years until you get your own route and you are finally making 1500/week mon-fri.

One of the old timers that works at my company had minor surgery so I covered his run for those two weeks he was off. I had never made so much money in my life. 623 mile round trip every day at .53 cpm.

$1650 + 1 hour of dock each day at $20/hr = $1750

This is the only thing that keeps me from quitting my job, that I know one day, sooner or later I will get to do this every day and not just when old timers are off. Whenever I'm not driving I'm stuck in the warehouse unloading trucks or driving the yard dog.

SheepDog, Thai and rockyroad74 Thank this.
  5. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    having a good stress free relationship with your boss is worth a lot. money is not the first priority for me. happiness is priceless. when you look forward to going to work.. you have found the right place of employment.

Ukumfe, Wingnut1, OPUS 7 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Monkey1house

Monkey1house Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Walmart and ups among many others. That $300 was a low average not the high end.

7. ddainiuss

ddainiuss Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2009
    orlando, fl
    they feed you good, but how much they pay?

DrivingForceBehindYou Thanks this.
  8. MeatHntr

MeatHntr Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2014
    TN
    Congrats on the job Sheepdog. Any new updates would be appreciated. I've been to Fitsgeralds and I like their trucks. I'm interested in driving one of them myself.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  9. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    That's just part of working for a small company...if more drivers would step away from mega carriers and try out the smaller companies it wouldn't be such a surprise to hear of you being treated like that.

10. rockyroad74

rockyroad74 Heavy Load Member

It's really good to hear that there are still good people to work for out there. Just remember, they are still constrained by the same rates everone else is for the most part, so don't expect too much more in pay than the others. But, if you are getting percentage and they specialize in LTL reefer loads, I can see you making $60000 to $70000 a year. Expect to work hard though.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  11. russtrucker

russtrucker Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Central PA
    My dad works for Lansberry,near woodland, he is glad making avg $6000 a week as o/o.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.