The Best Company I Have Ever Drove For!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by SheepDog, Jan 13, 2014.

1. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    39 k ? Your joking , right?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    The Company I drive for now is SnowMan Reliable Express Inc. Yeah, the name is too dang long..lol It is a Dad, Mom and Son operation. They Operate 5 trucks, 4 reefer trailers and 1 step-deck. Currently two of the 5 trucks are being bought, mine is next on the list. The office is their home and they are great people. They would give their shirt to help someone out. The mom, if she likes you, will give you a hug when you show up and when you leave. They will feed you home cooked/grilled food and they live on a farm. The way things are going, I can't imagine going anywhere else. We like self sufficient drivers that know how to drive a truck and make decisions. Drivers that know how to follow simple rules, like calling back when someone from the office call's you. Or, transflowing your paperwork in on time. They have simple rules, use cell phones with an app for logs. Just like paper but better, don't have to draw any lines or write anything. Not elogs but is an app. I love it.

Driver must have at least two years, in the last three, and a good DAC, PSP & MVR. If you are interested, ask questions, I will give it to you straight. Like I said before, if your interested in being a company driver, pulling a reefer but want an opportunity to purchase a truck, if you work out, than contact me. I was serious about the no steering wheel holders. They don't hold your hand and you are expected to do your job, like a driver should do his/her job. This is a 5 truck operation and they don't have time to hold hands, they need drivers that can get the job done without help but, that being said, their door is always open. We go by first name basis and they treat you like family. If that don't appeal to you,,,,, that's ok too..

4. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    It sounds like a great outfit and I would be interested, but the no health insurance thing would be a deal breaker for me. With two young kids, health insurance is a must.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  5. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Spending a couple days at the TA in Greencastle, PA Got a DOT Inspection on the truck and trailer today, no major problems at all. Just had to replace a burnt out trailer marker light and some DOT reflective tape on the DOT bumper. Feel much better about this coming roadside blitz.

I also got lucky with the mechanic I got because he sold me a slightly used OPS-1 Eco Pur bypass system, for $80! It has everything I need to hook it up to the truck, except the filter and the owners permission..lol I feel like I got a good deal, especially if it works!

6. Aquarius169

Aquarius169 Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Could someone tell me some decent companies to start out with. I'm out school and still doing research on companies. I'm out of NC and looking for small and medium companies, not flat bed companies. Thanks

7. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    What are your interests? How often do you want/need to be home? How hard to you want to work physically? Do you need benefits? Do you want to drive an auto or manual transmission? Do you want to bump a lot of docks or drive more? or do you want to climb in/out of the cab more or not?

8. Aquarius169

Apr 23, 2014
    Dry van, 10/14days out 2 to 2 1/2, hard you mean driving I hope, yes benefits, don't really Matter not much difference to learn, I want to make money, climbing in out a cab meaning, what unloading freight nooo

9. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    If you only want to stay out 10/14 days, and take 2/2.5 days home, you are going to have a hard time making money pulling a van, or a reefer. Unless, you get on a dedicated account or do P&D which, both are going to be hard for a newbie,,,no disrespect meant by that word.

What I mean by climbing in/out of cab is; do you want to make a lot of stops, opening and closing doors or just drive for a couple days than open doors? You kind of already answered the question though. You won't make enough money in 2 weeks and a lot of carriers will push you to stay out longer.

You said no flatbed, is there a reason?

10. Aquarius169

Apr 23, 2014
    Why would they push me to be out longer if I'm out 14days that's a @1day a week =2 days I'm not really looking for no 21 days out or no one month how you figure I cannot make no money. Most drivers if they drive strong all week average about 2200 or more miles at. 34-.36 as a driver. I'm just looking for a good starting company nothing under. 32 mile that is crazy to work for. (none taken about the words)

11. Aquarius169

Apr 23, 2014
    Sorry to double post. 34-.38 at least 2200-2800

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.