The best of the best ????????

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by sirtruett79, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirtruett79

sirtruett79 Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2016
    GA.
    Where can I find this to buy and what's the price on her she's a good looking mic

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    @rabbiporkchop, be straight up with the guy and hook him up with your "Homie", from the Rio Grand......

4. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    they don't make them anymore but you can find them for ten bucks on eBay

5. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    If guys are on a tight budget I don't recommend trying to contact Mark.
    I just pointed him in the direction of a radio that would wipe out his budget.

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  6. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    It don't look like he is on budget, he wants "The Best if the Best" and we all know that does not mean he is looking for a budget. I would guess, one of marks radio and a tune is around $500.00 or so. Then he can pick a sirio 5k or whatever marks recommends and a Palomar sl41 for a mic. Roughly guess $700.00. How close am I ?

7. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Depends on the radio. He could get an Anytone AT-6666 for $325 out the door from Mark all set up and ready to go.
    I personally think this is the best value for the least amount of money.
    [​IMG]

hoosiergirl, Diesel Dave and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  8. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Personally, I'm a fan of the Connex and General Lee. I'm not sure if that Ranger has surface mount technology, but some techs don't like working on them. I would consider a radio like a General Lee and a 4-600 watt amp, and you would talk all over when skip is rolling. A good antenna like a predator 10k dual coil, good coax and good grounding would have you 10-8. I was running my Connex 4300 hp yesterday and today barefoot doing about 80 watts and talked to Ohio and East Tennessee from central Mississippi on channel 28 easily, 500 plus miles. That being said, any ranger product is a quality product. The key is the antenna being setup right.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  9. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Forgot to mention, if you are running an export style radio like a Connex, ranger or galaxy, even a cobra, the Astatic 636L is a low price very good sounding microphone. It's noise canceling and has held up well for me since 2004.

10. bored silly

bored silly Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2016
    N4 radios do not like the vibration in a big truck. It won't hold up. Especially if he's driving a Freightshaker truck. That N4 WILL WIPE OUT HIS WHOLE BUDGET. HE'LL HAVE NO $$$$ LEFT FOR A ANTENNA AND COAX. THAT N4 WOULD PROBABLY TAKE HIM 6/8 MONTHS TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO OPERATE IT. ID BUY THE GENERAL LEE........

sirtruett79 Thanks this.
  11. bored silly

bored silly Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Price a N4 sometime it's about $650 before tax. That's at most all CB shops.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.