The BEST Shippers and Receivers - Truckers WILL Buy Their Products!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by WiseOne, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Carolina_Beaver_Teaser

Carolina_Beaver_Teaser Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Mooresville , NC
    SCOTTS lawn products..... They actually care for the drivers. Good loads,great rates, and good waiting areas.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rescueme

rescueme Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Between Here and There
    Kong, Denver Co

This is a great company to pick up at....especially if you have a dog in the truck, they'll give you treats and toys for your pet.

They have never made my DH wait in the many times he's been there. He has an appointment time and they load him within 10 minutes of his schedules time. He did some shag work out of there this week and had to wait for another driver to come out and swap trailers with him. While he waited on the other driver the quality control guy took him on a tour of the warehouse and production.

Great people and they always treat the truckers with respect.

4. Gio

Gio Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Saint Louis area
    Air freight is the quickest load/unload.

5. finfan

finfan Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2007
    middle ga
    .....out of Winston-Salem, N.C. are some good folks.

6. chowick1966

chowick1966 Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    I've been to Sterilite at Clinton,SC and Massillon,OH several times and never had any problems at either...usually do a D&H in Massillon and live load at Clinton. Clinton is a HUGE facility and no problems parking there if you need to...reasonable facilities and I have generally found that although it takes a while to load if you are on a door early (as long as you're not WAY early) they will get you off pretty smartly...especially considering that it is a floor load there.

I usually dont have trouble at the Target DC's I usually deliver to, except sometimes troubles getting mt's and as long as its D&H.....I feel sorry for anyone having to live unload at a Target DC!!! Had one at Tifton,GA one time where I sat around for 3 hours, nobody checked me in and then asked how long then they said because its 'piilow boxes' (which I had got from American fiber at Martinsville,VA see:bad shippers!!!!!) it would be 'probably sometime tomorrow' bobtailed to the Pilot at tifton went back in the following morning only to be told 'well you may as well drop and hook as it wont be till about 6pm!'...what a waste of a day!!
    :yes2557:

7. latanea

latanea Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2007
    cincinnati (sharonville)

target has always been good to me...

I went in target DC in indy 3 or 4 times in a month - and upon my next visit they greated me by name and were very pleasant....

this has been 4 or 5 years ago - but a good experince nonetheless

8. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    if you are early for your appt, then you will be out of there in about 2 hours... never, never, never, never be late. you will sit for about 7-12 hours till they can work you in. My dm usually gives me a load 2-3 days late for the appt.. I get their.. wait for my door,, bump to dock,. then drop and bob to the Pilot (5 miles away) and take my break. Usually at the end of the 10 hr break I call and the load is usually ready...

alds and The Challenger Thank this.
  9. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    They used to be the best back in the day. Had showers and everything if you wanted. And they were always super nice. That was 15 years ago though... how are they now?

___
    Jim

10. wc5b

wc5b Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Flint, MI
    I always liked going to Sauder in Ohio. They load fast as scheduled, treat drivers professionally, and even have facilities like cafeteria access and even showers. You dont get that very many places.

edit: haha, did not notice we posted same! great minds and all that. lol

bzinger and The Challenger Thank this.
  11. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Sounds like Sauder hasn't changed much since I quit driving. They were the one bright spot in a sea of nasty shippers.

It's nice to be treated like a human being sometimes.

___
    Jim

RangerMelB, bzinger and The Challenger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.