The BEST Shippers and Receivers - Truckers WILL Buy Their Products!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by WiseOne, Dec 16, 2006.

1. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

I ran late arriving at Auto Zone in Lake City, Fl due to a break down. They asked no questions, put me right into a door and unloaded me really fast. very polite. The Security Guard seen to it. So as I left I made a point to say Thanks..

I never went to a Wal Mart that I had problems at. In fact I rather go to Wal Marts than any grocery ware house, you know how much it going to cost ahead of time. $50.00. Once was done at no cost in Colorado.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    C and S warehouse in Westfield, MA
    Had a 20:00 appointment last Sunday. Got to the receiving window at 19:00 greeted by one of the most pleasant people I’ve come across in a long time. Sherry, took my paperwork, gave me my door, and then said, once your docked, feel free to visit our cafeteria for dinner, because it will take about 4 hours to unload/ break down check in. So go have dinner, and I’ll call you when we are done.
    Talked about being at a lost for words. I have never been invited/ offered to go sit in a customers dinning room. Yes it was cooked to order menu.

Once I finished a good meal, went back to the truck, and just about dozed up, when Sherry called to say I was done, please come get your paperwork. Once back at the window, she said she was sorry it took so long, the lumpers miscounted 4 times. And for my trouble your welcome to park for the night in our back lot, Whoa!
    So hats off to C and S in Westfield, MA.

4. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Well durn. Was just going to compliment C & S myself. 2.5 hrs from the time I pulled in to the time I got my paperwork. Am in their back lot right now waiting on my reset. Wish I could have parked back here yesterday instead of that muddy parking lot behind the resturant.
    Wasn't offered the dining room tho. Bummer, good food is always nice and hard to find in alot of these truck stops.

RangerMelB Thanks this.
  5. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA

Did you go to the Westfield location? Ther's anothe closer to Boston, but can't exactly remeber?

6. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Yes sir, Westfield it was. Got unloaded and spent the night back there on pad 7. Woke up to # 8" of snow. Oh joy. Went to that resturaunt for breakfast, parked in back, then got stuck. 4 other trucks pulled out with no problem. Wonder if being mty was part of the problem?

7. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    WOW!!!! 2 in a row. Had a 2 dropper today, 1 was to USC Solutions in Romeoville, Il and the other was to Kraft in Aurora, IL. USC had me out of there within 45 minutes and if I could have had backed worth a #### this morning would have been less than 30.
    Showed up at Kraft 8 hrs early and they went ahead and put me in a door and managed to work me in within 2 hrs. Like those kind of receivers!!!!!
    Now have to do a pick up at the Kraft in Chicago and am dreading heading into the heart of town. Glad its a drop and hook and don't plan to go till about 0200.

RangerMelB and bzinger Thank this.
  8. covenantbiker

covenantbiker Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Conroe, TX
    Sid Wainer?? (Not sure of spelling) in New Bedford, MA. Usually less than two hours and there is a place to park afterwards, with a donut shop, pizza shop, laundry facilities, a little type of veggie market and a chinese restaurant.. oh and the donut shop has the best best best coffee!!! I don't drink coffee that often but will drink it whenever I am in the area.

RangerMelB Thanks this.
  9. luni

luni Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    florida
    I liked Tropicana in Bradenton,FL about seven years ago. Drop and hook most of the times. But when they had to load, it was fast.
    Most of my loads went to California and Dallas.
    Anyone knows how is Tropicana Now?

10. luni

luni Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    florida
    There was a receiver somewhere in the Midwest that only women worked. They drovetheforklift and did all the unloading. Well, they were the most efficient receivers I ever saw. I want to say it might have been Toys'r'us or Target. They had lots of JB hunt there.
    I cannot remember which warehouse it was. ?

11. jge

jge Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2007
    They are awful here. They scedule you about 6 hours early. This is the second time we have loaded here and it will be the last. Cheap pay and long waits, stay away!!!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.