The BEST Shippers and Receivers - Truckers WILL Buy Their Products!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by WiseOne, Dec 16, 2006.

1. carrot top

carrot top Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    greenville, sc
    On a positive note I agree in never having a problem with a walmart store or seeing any other drive sit there for long[/quote]

my only problem with walmart is Ur not checked in till Ur disconnected and take the bills in to receiving.
    I think that when u give the guard the bills and they give u a door then u should be checked in.

but my all time favorate shipper is.........fedex

place to park, showers, vending machines, coffie

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckinwva

truckinwva Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2009
    strasburg, va.
    Avoid BROCKS candy in Chattanooga, Tn. at all cost. Or take plenty of food. You'll be there a while. I use to go there and it was not unusual to be there long enough to get most of your 10 hour break in. LOL!

truckinwva

RangerMelB, The Challenger and luni Thank this.
  4. luni

luni Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    florida
    I like this thread, too bad there are not more drivers sharing their experience.

I will share one.
    This was about nine years ago therefore I cannot remember the shippers and receiver names. I did this run about three times.
    I would pickup Lactaid milk somewhere in Texas, take it to Buffalo, Each time they found two or three boxes broken and they would return it to me and my instruction was to discard it. My next trip was always taking yogurt down to NC. It might have been Walmart. Well I loved this trip because I will have plenty of milk for Mom and family in the Virginia area as I drive down to North Carolina. And give them away at truck stops and to the receivers. Always around thirty 1/2 gallon cartons of milk.
    Lactaid milk is very expensive and very good.

RangerMelB Thanks this.
  5. luni

luni Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    florida
    Actually this happened quite abit with fruits as well and sometime they put it back in the trailer or discard it right there. Fruits I would leave it at truck sops for the taking. They never went to waste.

RangerMelB Thanks this.
  6. Saddle Tramp

Saddle Tramp Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2009
    laurel, nebraska
    back in the day between '77-83 i hauled swinging meat to wenn dixie warehouse in greenville sc. in & out under 2 hrs. i usually drop & hook in charleston sc, but twice i had to go to the dock & get a load of bananas off the ship. if you were not from the south or east coast you had to wait until they were done. the best place i loaded was in dalton ga. at a textile plant, they gave me a guided tour & should me how carpets were made

7. reasy

reasy Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2009
    florida
    does this place in dalton still exist?

8. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    General Mills. I was dedicated on this account with Werner, and it was all straight drop & hook. I think I waited for a trailer maybe twice in four months.

9. Raezzor

Raezzor Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Aug 1, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    I always liked delivering to the Nabisco in Horsham, PA, just north of Philly. Always a live unload, but the guys are pretty quick about it (even though it is a floor load) and are really nice to boot. Also the Reese plant in Hershey, PA. They ALWAYS have peanut butter cups and kit kats there for the taking, and they are FRESH. MMmmmmm.

10. reasy

reasy Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2009
    florida
    where was this?

11. reasy

reasy Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2009
    florida
    love free chocolate

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.