The day to day ramblings of the LTL business.

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by MACK E-6, Jan 12, 2016.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I'll have to start mentioning that at work. Good one, @road_runner. :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I had one at the scales in Limon CO. Don't know what I did to get her attention, but there was a period of time I was through that scale twice a week.
    She always had me come in, and show her paper work. AND a couple of times, she had slipped my CDL out of the paperwork "accidentally," and didn't give it back with the paper work. I checked the paper work before leaving the counter, (always did when it had been out of my hands.)
    Talk about wanting to ##### slap a real #####....

See above.

Oh I think he got mixed up. He's in Arizona.....:D

That is assuming, (bad word, I know,) that they are able to add, and come up with the correct number.:confused:

misterG and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  4. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Well, we do have some real winners here, but I'd like to think most of them can add single digit numbers.

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Well it's Monday. My Steelers got crushed, kind of like this car on it's side just to the front of the fire truck.
    20170123_063220.jpg

Coming off a full 70& a 34, still got up at midnight. Sure glad paid by the hour.
    Safely at Budweiser now, time for nap.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  6. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    ODFL recently became the official carrier for Major League Baseball. Trailers are in the process of getting nifty MLB decals on the doors, so it's kind of cool. I got to pull a long box last night with a baseball load. My boys are baseball junkies and flipped out. I didn't have the heart to tell them it was probably just dirty jockstraps or something silly like that.

ClassB, Buckeye91, Mike2633 and 6 others Thank this.
  7. ClassB

ClassB Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Thats cool. Played baseball from tball at age 5 to age 16. Id enjoy that

8. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Yeah, my boys love the game. They don't just play, they study it constantly to find ways to improve their game. One of them pitched the game last night and was red hot. It makes ol' dad feel good to see his kid flinging heaters straight down the pipe.

My proudest moment came at the start of the season though. The kids are old enough that some of them are starting to turn into prima donnas. New team, new coach, so first practice he moves kids around to evaluate them. He asks one of my boys what position he plays. First base. Okay, coach says, right field for now. Sure thing coach, my kid says, and runs off to the outfield. No arguing or protesting that wasn't his position, just grabbed his glove and took his place.

Mike2633 and Big Don Thank this.
  9. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    It's nice emptying out at noon for a change.

Cardfan89, Mike2633 and road_runner Thank this.
  10. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Today I saw an old school unit.
    Gully Transport #953.
    Freightliner FLD pulling a Freauhof Trailer. Pretty awesome only major fleet out there running vintage equipment.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.