The defazio bill and ending NAFTA

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by W9onTime, Oct 12, 2017.

1. W9onTime

W9onTime Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2017
    gokiddogo Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    The health care up here is not perfect either. While we don't have to worry about a heart attack bankrupting us, we do not have a hierarchy system when it comes to getting care. Chemotherapy is a good example. You go on a list and when your number comes up you go in. There is no buying your way to the front of the line here. We are free to go to USA if we want and pay out of pocket. I am of the belief Canada should begin moving to a 2 tier system where if you have the money you can go to private clinics, or you can take what the government covers and it won't cost you. Without having to go to the USA to do it.
    Here's another example.
    When my Dad was going for his first biopsy on his tongue, he had to wait 5 weeks to get it done. Why not have a place that only does biopsies where the patient can pay? Capture market, alleviate health system costs a bit, faster result may mean different outcome from cancer diagnosis. It's hard to say this around my liberal family where "everyone is equal and it shouldn't be that way, everyone can wait their turn!" So, it doesn't matter if you did well and have the money or you are a thieving drug addict. So I don't bring up these talks around them anymore.

Dan.S Thanks this.
  4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I am thinking the same way. It will be painful for a while but in the end will be better I think. I'd rather keep dealing with you guys then have to deal with far away countries. Our culture and day to day life is very similar.

Dan.S and W9onTime Thank this.
  5. W9onTime

Oct 6, 2017
    It's hard to talk to anyone unless you agree , it's just the way things are now . I doubt things will change anytime soon , it's seems worse every day

Dan.S and gokiddogo Thank this.
  6. Cheezy_smile

Cheezy_smile Medium Load Member

May 23, 2017
    What is wrong with trade deal with Canada exactly?

7. Cheezy_smile

Cheezy_smile Medium Load Member

May 23, 2017
    It’s always easy to blame the other guy. But look at republicans now, they control everything and still can’t get #### done

Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  8. W9onTime

Oct 6, 2017
    Trump is not an insider and the swamp is fighting back , it's not about party it's about big government

7-UP Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.