the dispatcher's life is stressful...

Discussion in 'Gless Bros Foodliner' started by im6under, Mar 3, 2009.

1. im6under

im6under Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    I know this because I got to actually witness a 2/3rds meltdown today.

He stopped prior to shooting anyone or ripping his own clothes off and running around the parking lot naked.... but...

his ears were red, his voice was really loud, full of vulgarity, and he had a list of things he kept reciting that were not his job, problem, ect...

Here is how it all started:

I said, "my boss said to ask if I can take trailer 002k back to waterloo..."

"BLAMMO!!!!!!"

no fooling... ROTFLMAO!!!!:yes2557:

I'm thinking they maybe need some kinda sheild in front of the screens to block more radiation or something... I dunno???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    I wouldn't want their job. That being said lol. By the way I see E Logs are coming to us us this month. Good luck with that huh?

4. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    Let them start their own forum.

5. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    a good dispatcher has a tough job even in the best of times, i sure wouldnt want to be one in these times... no freight, no miles, etc.

6. Cheap Thrill$

Cheap Thrill$ Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Grandlake,Louisiana
    a job is only bad if YOU make it, most are moron's

7. MO family man

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    Plenty of frieght and miles here.

8. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Had a simular incident this week. It didn't make it to full blown whack job though LOL

Dispatcher called me about a load.... I was not even near being ready. The customer had me held up. I thought the guy was going to completely lose it.

I smoothed it over, told him he had done his job, I had a good window...go home, let me do my job.

Next day all was right with the world, at least his...anyway. My log book looked like ####. But that can be fixed :biggrin_25525:

9. im6under

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    elogs... were downloaded to our trucks... guy trained me day before yesterday... (2 minutes from the truck steps) lol

we are using them now for practice... while keeping our paper for reals...

"its so much easier and faster..."

still trying to play the team player... keep an open mind... ect...

am just thinking, my pay and hometime got cut and they better hire some extra guys, buy more trucks and trailers...

seeings as mine will be parked at the truckstop 10 miles from home waiting for the 10 hour reset to tick by instead of in the yard being loaded for the next day...

some pencil pusher must have it figured to save money... but I don't see it as yet, and I want a raise already for the aggrevation... lol

Other comments from the yard...

"if they send me and I can't get back, I just won't go out unless I know I've got the hours to make it."

"fire me, I ain't doing it" *funny, that guy did get fired... lol just not for this is all...*

"I'll unplug the danged thing, they ain't paying me enough to be baby sat by a machine... insteada watching me they oughtta just come run they're danged truck themselves."

"I'll do it no problem, but they ain't gonna like paying me for all the extras I been given'um for free... I only got so many hours to run, and I won't be fix'in headlights or air'in up trailer tires without logging it and getting paid for time" NOTE: this guy actually had quite the laundry list of free crap he's been doing... lol or used to be doing??? lol

10. MO family man

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    We're up for them next week. I really hope they don't mess me up too bad. I don't wanna bang docks anymore.

11. im6under

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    I don't think it will be as bad as I initially pictured...

but I still don't like it...

need a few weeks to figure out what's what...

then I'll condemn it officially... lol:biggrin_2552:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.