The fat thing needs to go

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by timidlady, Jan 25, 2020.

1. timidlady

timidlady Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2018
    They need to remove certification restrictions based on weight because the average sized American woman wears size 18 which means most women are overweight to obese. I don't appreciate being abused by fellow drivers that cant even appreciate american women. I'm average sized. My last CDL was 2 years but my first was restricted to 1 year for my weight. My weight was a bigger issue than brain damage from birth! Before that gets you bent out of shape we have had astronauts with brain damage. Just saying, my medical fitness requirement focuses on a weight women naturally have in this country. It restricts the number of women drivers. Dumb.

quatto and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Doctor:" You need to lose weight, because it's affecting your health
    OP:"You are discriminating American women. Fat is beautiful. We should not have to watch our diet or do any physical activity

4. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    The doc doing the physical is giving you a one year card. Its his/her observation that you may have some issues because of being heavy like high bp, or sleep apena. Most women are not fat!

TokyoJoe and alds Thank this.
  5. Jenn72

Jenn72 Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2019
    The last time I went for my physical I was given a 3 mo one. I had to have a sleep apnea test. I am 5'7 and wear between a size 0 - 4. I also don't have high blood pressure or any other reason for a year card. I went and got tested for sleep apnea, went back and showed the Dr. I didn't have sleep apnea and that was all. Left with a new 2 yr card.

Are you sure you are not self conscious about your weight? This is the second post from you about weight. The first one was about another truck driver calling you fat.

I don't think anyone should be shamed about personal appearances. I get s@#t about being skinny and that the landing gear weighs more than me. I just smile and go on about my day.

TokyoJoe, alds, HoneyBadger67 and 5 others Thank this.
  6. Swine hauler

Swine hauler Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2019
    Medical cards/exams are not graded on a curve based on average American weight. They are using science to evaluate your health and physical fitness / ability to do this job safely.

you were just remarking in your other thread about the lack of safety in the industry, but that doesn't apply to your/ our health standards i guess because it's inconvenient for you?

Tb0n3, TokyoJoe, alds and 3 others Thank this.
  7. Boom Tube

Boom Tube Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    The doctor has to follow certain guidelines to keep his or her job. If you have high BP or sugar/protein in your urine sample, you'll probably get a 1 year card. High BMI or neck circumference might mean you have sleep apnea. All of the above are most likely not an issue if you're at a healthy weight. Doesn't matter if there are a lot of Americans that are big. It's still unhealthy.

Tb0n3, alds and Swine hauler Thank this.
  8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Does this post make my ### look big????????

10. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    No, your ### makes your ### look big
    Lol

tommymonza, Bakerman, 91B20H8 and 8 others Thank this.
  11. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    "Average" these days is not healthy.

Its like a highschool kid telling a Harvard or Yale recruiter that their "C" average is equal to the national highschool average and they HAVE to accept them same as the straight A students.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.