The fat thing needs to go

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by timidlady, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I’ll be the first to admit, getting a workout in or exercise after driving 650 miles is not an easy feat. You’re very mentally tired after driving and your body craves carbohydrates and relaxation after a day of driving. That right there is the combination that gets most truck drivers gaining weight.
    However these past couple months I’ve managed to shed about 20 pounds so far. But I’ve been completely religious and sticking to my diet. As far as exercise goes, I just can’t get out and walk 3 to 5 miles every single day like I was. It all depends on if I’ve had to flip the graveyards and then back to mornings or any of that nonsense it takes me a couple days to feel like exercising again.

i’ve seen it all though, I’ve seen guys using dumbbells in the fuel aisle while the truck fueled up. Just getting a quick arm or shoulder workout in. Or doing some quick rows. Lol I’ve seen a guy drag a punching bag out that sits on a foldable platform and he did a boxing style work out. I’ve seen guys have straps and different contraptions hanging from the side of their trailer so they could use cable pulleys with weights on them. If there’s a will there’s a way I guess. But I’ll be the first to admit it is not easy. Truck driving and super fitness just don’t go hand-in-hand. Lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Absolutely agree.
    Never saw anyone poop. Seen a bunch taking a pee (myself included).

4. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    I got my DOT physical recently, at CVS pharmacy clinic. (The fastest and easiest place to get one done) and the nurse practitioner said I was the first person to be granted a two year in quite some time .

She was surprised my BP was 116/76

I’m 5’9” and 225 , could stand to lose about 20 lbs again.
    A couple weeks before covid hit I got an infection in my stomach and lost 30
    Lbs in three weeks because I couldn’t eat anything at all for three weeks .

But I’ve never had issues with BP . And for those that do , I have a suggestion.
    Schedule the physical in the AM and do not eat or drink anything.
    Drinking fluids in increases your BP by 10-15-20 points .

they don’t need much urine for the sugar test strips. So don’t drink anything before, and your BP will be lower.

5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I've been checking my B/P every day. Stays between 115/70 and 123/75. So Monday, Tuesday and today, to be safe, I cut out caffeine too. No morning coffee. B/P this morning, 119/72. I go in to get my DOT physical. B/P was 151/87. Took me to another room and sat me in an electric massage chair. Felt nice. Closed my eyes and just opened them about 10 minutes later when the tech was sneaking up on me with the cuff. 124/77 that time. It's been 5 years since I had a physical and the same thing happened the last time at the same place. I sure do appreciate them taking the extra time to help drivers out, and I told them so.

Opus Thanks this.
  6. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Some recalls from my NAVY time.

"Better to swing on the waves than hitting rock bottom" said my petty officer looking at Sports Illustrated swimsuit magazine.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.