The First 24 Months... How Bad Is It?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by aoglobalent, Mar 11, 2018.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I thought that was me at first, but there aren’t palm trees in Mississippi.

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Palm trees; reminds me of a guy I knew from Pensacola. He and I had served in the Navy together. Some guy hired him to tear down an old house in Pensacola and told him he can keep all the lumber, plumbing and anything else, plus paid him cash to tear it down. Next door was another empty house and that lot had beautiful palm trees. Some guy stopped and asked him how much he would sell the palm trees for. He said $1000.00 and you dig them up and haul them off. They guy paid him the $1000.00 and sent a crew to remove the trees. Soon after that, another guy showed up and started yelling about his palm trees missing and ask my buddy if he saw who took them. Of course he denied knowing anything. He told me the guy that bought the trees didn't ask him if they were his trees, he only asked how much he would sell them for.

4. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Learn something cool like tanker and after two years the ball is in your court.

Don’t job hop and keep your record clean for two years and after that if they aren’t paying you what you want or taking care of you then go. Most tanker outfits require two years so once you reach that mark you should be able to go wherever you want.

Whatever you do specialize in something. It could even be driving a mixer truck. Get you a union mixer job and you’re making 25+ an hour with free health care.

No body says you have to drive otr for a mega. I disagree with trucking being a lifestyle. It doesn’t have to be. It’s a job to me. I go to work and work my 8-12 hours and go home. To hell with losing out on my whole life to drive a truck.

CorsairFanboy Thanks this.
  5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    [​IMG]

06driver and QuietStorm Thank this.
  6. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    How did bdsm get into this?

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    [​IMG]
    Here's some good info on Mississippi:
    [​IMG]
    This is where old sailors go to finish out their life. They usually wind up here when their children throw them out of the house for swearing in front of the grandchildren.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    shogun Thanks this.
  8. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Not sure what to tell you.
    Some bits...
    I choose to go pneumatic tanker, food grade bulk.
    I’m in my third month now.
    Could be great pay. I’m on the second run this week. The two will pay me about $1,900. I’ve had plenty of low weeks due to problems. Break downs. Flat or bad tires. Etc. I almost quit last week.
    This is like a family business. Beware... Family can be disfunctional family.
    I started as a new cdl holder. But 7 years experience class b. First day they just threw me in the deep end of the pool of driving to see if I could swim.
    One day they put me with a guy who had been a trainer for Knight. If there was a second. I would have shot him. It was awful. Made me glad I never signed up for a mega with training.
    You learn much on your own.
    The dispatcher can be your best friend. Mine is the best. He can and does drive when he has to. He’s grooming to become a terminal manager. He’ll make a real good one.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    IluvCATS Thanks this.
  9. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    You never drove for some of my fleet managers!!:rr:

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  10. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Ever have a colonoscopy? No leave out the sedative and pain killers ;)

In all seriousness a lot depends on attitude, and opportunity.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  11. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    ^lol tantalizing!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.