The first to final mile account

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Mighty Bananas, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Mighty Bananas

Mighty Bananas Bobtail Member

Mar 13, 2019
    Can anybody tell me about this account?

I'm having a hard time getting anything.
    I even joined Facebook's Pumpkin Divers page specifically to find out more and posted a question and still couldn't get a bite.

It's either shrouded in secrecy or other Schneider drivers have no idea what's going on with it.
    One guy on Reddit warned some other poster to stay away from the account because it's a bit disorganized right now.

I just want to know if it's a good account for a newbie like me or is it a dumpster fire of a mess.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    screen shot the job post.

4. Mighty Bananas

Mar 13, 2019

It's funny, but the job is no longer listed for my zip code.
    But here's a copy and paste from Schneiderjobs.com
    Over-the-Road

Actually Full Truckload
    Over-the-Road drivers specialize in hauling freight longer distances, and within Schneider’s LTL division specifically, that means averaging 2,500 to 3,000 miles a week with the potential to hit all 48 contiguous states and earn up to $63,000 per year.

A majority of LTL freight is over-dimensional products like furniture and carpet, but you won’t have to touch much of it since you’ll be part of the “first mile” delivery — full truckloads of LTL freight to one of the almost 30 terminals in Schneider’s networks. Regional or Local drivers would tackle the final delivery.

5. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    sni bought Watkins Shepard a few years ago. This is the line of business. we were told by now former drivers how good that job was. How during the transition to sni dispatching and after, they ####ed up a good thing. haven't seen much of anyone post about it since. search watkins shepard and/or final mile as a keyword. see what pops up in the last couple years.

6. Mighty Bananas

Mar 13, 2019
    Yeah, from what I understand it's changed completely from when it was Watkins Shepard.
    There are some threads from a couple years ago when the transformation was first taking place.
    That's why I'm hoping I run across somebody on this forum who is currently working in this account, so I can get a snapshot of how it's going now.

7. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    frankly this subforum is kinda dead. most of the current infrequent posters here are former company or ic drivers. but a few current employees.

as a former company driver myself, I would recommend something on the dedicated side. I found the support staff more inclined to help and actually resolve issues overnight. I wouldnt take just any account though.

that said, sni is a good enough company to start with. was for me anyway.

where ever you land, make sure it aligns with your short, medium and long term goals. it makes the ######## easier to deal with if it serves YOUR purpose...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.