The Food Service Rant thread

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by LoneCowboy, Jun 20, 2015.

1. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Applied for a couple Coremark slots, missed that they were having a job fair at one of them. nothing on their website, but there was on CL. Backbreakers are they? Trucks look good.

Mile Hi sound good in their ads, but they sure don't get back to people with no exp. :^)

Also, anyone work for UNFI? I saw a lot of their trucks running US 6 at night from SLC toward CO.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chrislg1011

Chrislg1011 Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2018
    Update got the job with Mclane. Driver sup told me sky is the limit with pay. Also told he has 20 guys in 6 figures. I am a bit hesitant about the overnight runs but overall sounds a lot more rewarding than Pepsi. Extra board until next bid in 5 months so that kind of sucks.

Milkman719 and speedyk Thank this.
  4. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Has anyone left a stop with say a places keys in your pocket

5. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    A new guy at work left a restaurant with their keys in his pocket and he just realized that today when he washed clothes. He doesn't go back to that stop until next Tuesday what should he do, it was just an accident. The owner got busy and somehow it slipped their minds

6. Flyersfan2853

Flyersfan2853 Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2018
    So this is my first time posting on here. I was just hired on at Performance Food Service. Going to be starting out driving straight truck then getting my Class A through the company. Didn't know if anyone had any advice or tips for someone just starting out in the food service world.

Cardfan89 Thanks this.
  7. Cardfan89

Cardfan89 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Missouri
    We keep the keys at the office so it doesn't matter unless a guy takes them home and you need them for your route that's a bad deal

truck_guy Thanks this.
  8. truck_guy

truck_guy Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2015
    SE MI
    Stretch, and stock up on ibuprofen :D
    Welcome

Not sure how you guys do it, but we have our own keys. Except for Applebee’s. Those stores have a lock box with the door keys, and we have a master that fits all of that particular franchisee’s stores.

Is it far away? Can arrangements be made to deliver at a different time?

Cardfan89 Thanks this.
  9. Cardfan89

Cardfan89 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Missouri
    My advice is just to work steady you will get it done as long as you work and when your breaking down a pallet always put stops together if you have a pallet with many stops on it put them together on the trailer so you don't have to dig them back out you will get it and congrats on the new gig

10. Chrislg1011

Chrislg1011 Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2018
    So like I said before I got the position with Mclane Grocery division but I finally got a call from the food service division and going to interview with them this week. I know they’re offering a $7500 sign on bonus which sounds good but makes me think they’re having trouble keeping drivers

speedyk and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  11. Flyersfan2853

Flyersfan2853 Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Thanks for the tips and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.