The Food Service Rant thread

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by LoneCowboy, Jun 20, 2015.

1. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    I have a few friends there, they said 40 drivers quit in the last 3 months and everyone is frustrated and hate it there. They said management pretty much gave up and the routing and wharehouse is all messed up. They used to have a really good rep too

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    speedyk and LoneCowboy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    Howdy folks. I’m looking at UNFI, Core-mark, and Food Services of America. This is what is in my future area. Looking for insight. I’d rather get exercise than sit all night in linehaul but I need to make money since my wife will be raising the kids. I don’t want to hijack this thread with this question but I haven’t found much about these three.

Fuelinmyveins Thanks this.
  4. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    I work for US Foods, but we share space with other companies, including UNFI. I know they pull 48s with a lift gate and an electric pallet jack.

Cardfan89 and Air Cooled Thank this.
  5. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    Appreciate the info. I’ve seen them with the long boxes and liftgates

6. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Thanks for the messages about Shamrock. Explains why they bothered to reply to me. I think they have DFC's as well, so that may be part of the mutiny.

7. Shep Shiloh

Shep Shiloh Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2008
    IN
    Had the bolt that holds the mirror bracket to the door sheared off this morning while driving down US 12 in Michigan. That left the top of the mirror bracket flopping in the wind. At my first stop I was able to score some zip ties, which were useless because the bolt head was welded to the backet. Drove a few more miles to the next stop with the bracket flopping like it was suffering from whiskey dong. At the next stop I was able to borrow some duct tape. I wrapped that sucker tighter than a mother. It didn't move an inch for the rest of the day until I was finally able to hit up a Penske and get that sucker fixed better than new.

8. truck_guy

truck_guy Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2015
    SE MI
    Penske here would run it duct taped for a few months until they actually ordered the correct part, and then another 4-6 weeks after that before it got fixed.

9. drew2083

drew2083 Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Colorado
    I was looking to get on at the Longmont plant. Thinking maybe I should....

10. drew2083

drew2083 Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Colorado
    You make the most on grocery side?

11. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    My friend works there. He’s a job hopper also. He’s plan on staying put now. They are very short handed. You can get hired on with just a permit it’s so bad. But top guy made 148k and top extra board made 135k. Granted these guys are topped out in pay and do a lot of loads per week. It’s not long haul teaming really. You’ll do routes around Denver mostly or outskirts. He seems more local to me. Mostly 14-18hr routes. Some long ones but not too many.

FFL Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.