The Fuel Hauler Thread

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Cali kid, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Holidays are mandatory if needed but as you move up in seniority you can get them off. We have shifts starting every hour and are bid on by seniority. Variations are first come first served, most of our guys who have been hear for some time have the weekends off.

Yes I've heard of the fuel guys going up into the $33 mark but am also hearing they pay big bucks for insurance. Our guys top out at $29 and change with raises given every year. Next year we look to be in the $30 range. Not that there isn't ample overtime to go around, I believe this weeks check put me at around 88k for the year so far.

Now the down sides to cryo is long hours 12-14 and layovers, this depending on your start time and what product lines you are trained for.

scythe08 and HazmatTanker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. konfidential

konfidential Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2018
    Anyone in here working for go Petro in Houston?... They hiring?

4. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Good info! I want cryo to be my next step,

5. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    @GasHauler and @plant haven't heard from you guys in awhile hows things going?

6. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    I'm still at it.

Cali kid Thanks this.
  7. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Glad to hear

8. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Going good, nothing has changed over here. What about you?

A couple of weeks ago I saw a KAG bobtail being hauled on a flatbed, the tank had the side blown/burned out of it. Anybody know what happened?

9. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Same ol same brother these new fuel cell vehicles got us scrambling to cover the work. I haven't heard about the KAG accident but then again not exactly at the gas racks these days.

10. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Compressed or liquid hydrogen?

It's funny man I really don't get the people who buy hydrogen cars. It's way more complicated than an electric car. And I understand the range anxiety thing, but I'm pretty sure super charging stations are way more common than hydrogen stations. And in both cases if you run out of battery power or hydrogen on the road you're S.O.L. either way. So hydro seems like the worst of both worlds. But at least it keeps you busy :occasion5:

11. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Compressed hydrogen as of now but the future is gonna be liquid. Electric still can't compete with the refueling time of hydrogen. That is the real game changer I see hydrogen having over electric, especially in socal, time is money.

Most of these hydrogen drivers are picking up the cars because they hardly pay anything when you consider the free fuel they receive.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.