The Fuel Hauler Thread

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Cali kid, Jul 28, 2015.

1. ruckusftlc

ruckusftlc Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Hi there
    I’m driving since 2 years 95% local 53ft with sleeper. 3-6 stops a day and touching freight. 50k pounds a week. im looking to change to haul petroleum local. They pay well like my job I have now. I’m just wondering. It’s hauling petroleum stressful? Is it hard to learn? Heavy lifting?
    thanks

Rodeorowdy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Orange County, CA
    Hi, depending on the kind of fuel hauling it can be somewhat physical but if you come from a general freight background it shouldn't be a problem. So you got station work which is usually just big hoses and gravity drops, how many loads you run depends on your location or you have wet hose work which is a small straight truck usually delivering to construction sites etc. These guys usually run alot of short stops and do most work with a pump. Like most labor work you find ways to work smarter rather then harder.
    As far as learning how to haul fuel it's all about routine, routine, routine and If you have a good trainer you will notice this right away. You will need to be carded at each rack your company hauls loads out of. Some racks are more strict then others, but procedures and safety is priority one. Then you will learn the delivery side which consists of checking your at the right location, that the load will fit, that there isn't excessive water in the tank, and making sure the right product goes in the right fill. Good luck to you I've been tanking now for over seven years and have hauled it all from oil, chem, fuel, compressed gases, cryo and have loved ever bit of it over general freight!

ruckusftlc Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted