The Heyl Truck Lines Experience

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Barracuda905, Aug 25, 2010.

1. MrMatt

MrMatt Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2013
    heyl maybe a good company for some. what i found out. too many red flags for me. first phone call the first questions they asked. if i was on welfare or unemployment. seemed like they were fishing for govornment kick backs. and then they asked about everything else. had to keep pestering them to keep up with the status of the application. they are really good about keeping me up to date on it. so they hand the application off to the safety guy. didn't hear from him until monday late in the afternoon. the only reason he called at all. is because i pestered the recruiters. once he called. he told me that he had the app. and wanted to know when i wanted to come in for an "interview" and then he said depending how it went???? they would consider a road test. then said I would be sent back home after that! asked if they did a hotel stays or anything. because i would be traveling 160 miles to the interview???? I still question that. they never said, so I went with no. so i would have to travel 320 miles a day between for orientation. so once i thought about it. I realized that they are in no kind of real need for drivers. and I think they are mostly phishing for back up drivers for possible future employment when they are in need. so it didn't seem very promissing. and for most traveling 320 miles a day for orientation is too expensive. and just too far for a maybe. so for me. it was questionable at best. are they hiring? or are they just taking applications and doing interviews? and there's no real job offer in exsistants at heyl???

free spirited1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. acido22

acido22 Light Load Member

May 11, 2013
    how much does local pays?

4. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    What's going on guys? No posts since 10/13.

5. Lone Star Trucker

Lone Star Trucker Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Cedar Park, TX
    I saw an ad on Craigslist for Texas regional drivers, anyone have any comments on this division?

6. slowride69101

slowride69101 Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Texas regional will run most of the system, but will get home on time. Lots of Texas freight

7. Anthony0910

Anthony0910 Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Anyone still working at heyl have some questions to ask

8. zip912

zip912 Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Bradenton florida
    I do

9. Anthony0910

Anthony0910 Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Sent u a message had some questions to ask u

10. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Merry Christmas Zip. What's local pay these days?

11. zip912

zip912 Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Bradenton florida
    Local pays up to $180 per day. depending on service lenght.

darthanubis and xlsdraw Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.