the jist of it

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by mudding in 18 wheeler lol, Jan 3, 2016.

1. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    I here IKEA is hiring

Dye Guardian, joseph1135 and Mudguppy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    SMH...:biggrin_25513:

Either post something useful, or don't bother replying at all.

4. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    It's a job! Isn't that helpful?

5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I wasn't addressing you in particular, just those who would show up later and think it's ok make fun of people.

We're better than that here.

NavigatorWife and chopper103in Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I don't know; he posts 3 preventables on his record. I think Western Express will give him another chance.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  7. Hyweighman

Hyweighman Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Pensacola, FL
    Maybe he's not cutout to be a trucker

8. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    Kinda what I'm thinking.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    Mudguppy Thanks this.
  9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Sometimes to keep things off your record you'll need to pay for it and not tell your company or anyone who drives for them.I got stuck before off an exit while stopped to look at my directions to the receiver.I couldn't remember if I needed to turn left or right.i got stuck on a patch of snow and didn't wanna keep trying to get out and end up in the ditch.I didn't know of any towing companies in that area so I called 911 and they called someone for me along with sending a cop to block the exit once wrecker arrived.while employed at Werner I got stuck in canada,i missed my turn and kept going till I found a place to turn around before ending on the B.C. mountains.they re beautiful but not so eautiful for newbies.I got stuck while turning into a livestock lot.the lot was huge but turning in not so much.a four wheeler called a wrecker.I paid for that and he helped me get back to where i was suppose to be.

10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You learn things as you go.I learned never to park on a snowy shoulder and look at the driveway before assuming it's big enough to turn into because they have a huge lot.also before parking look at the ground to make sure it's not soft,,chances are you will get stuck.unfortunately op you may not have a choice but to settle for a less then desirable company. But that does not mean following their example and not practice safety.these bad companies have bad drivers ,please don't follow their lead.

11. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    Those 2 incidents of getting stuck wouldn't be on his MVR. They'd just be on his DAC because some lame office jockey who's never driven a truck flamed him. So, OP, find a company who doesn't use DAC, be honest, and learn from any mistakes you may have made. Everyone can get a truck stuck. That's not crime or a job killer. Yeah, you want to try not to, but it happens. A good company would know, understand, and accept that. That third accident that you haven't given any specifics on is likely the only one causing you issues getting hired.

NavigatorWife and roadmap65 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.