the jist of it

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by mudding in 18 wheeler lol, Jan 3, 2016.

1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    You know, I think those guys you were referring to did post useful posts, Mack. It's just not useful to Opie. But hopefully someone else will figure out what he continues to get wrong.

Okay, here it goes in cornbread language: what happened to Opie? He got fired. Why did Opie get fired? He keeps getting his truck stuck. Why does he keep getting his truck stuck, gang? Can anyone tell me? @Hurst and @Lepton1 gave him technical advice, but he's not really interested in techniques, but more interested in lining up his next gig.

Forget about company policies set forth by desk jockeys that cannot do your job. Does everyone know how to put on tire chains? Not saying that you have to use them, I'm saying that you should know how to use them.

I know that tech talk bores the hell out of Steeringwheelholders. But Mr Lepton is talking money. Do you people know how to operate the truck? There's more to it than being able to hold the steeringwheel. Want to protect your job? Want to get paid? Want to be the Go To a Guy because you prove that you always get through, able to solve problems yourself instead of sitting around digging for gold and sniffing your fingers while the desk jockeys send emails around, wasting your day? Know how to work your rig.

Does anyone have any questions about the inter axle lock? (I'm going to put him n spot, but he's a good hand, so I don't think he will mind) PM Mr Lepton. He knows what he's doing. If he didn't, he would have grenaded the truck's drivetrain in that mud. Be the solution, not the problem.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    Chewy352 and Lepton1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mudding in 18 wheeler lol

mudding in 18 wheeler lol Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Central Valley CA
    nice for triple to assume which information i take as "useful" or not and its also funny how triple assumes what my interests are and motivations for making this thread, 6 pages of dialogue should leave little room for assuming things . . . .
    on page 7, if you dont know what im interested in or what my motivation is for making this thread then you didnt read the conversations that came before page 7 and i wont bother acknowledging you beyond this point

as for everyone else, thank you for your replies, your many points of view and i will continue to keep those in mind (or try to lol) and i will either update this thread or make a new thread detailing my (once again) transition back into trucking

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.