The longest drive

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Flat Earth Trucker, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    None of the bigger cities in ID are worth a #### in my opinion... I like the smaller towns like American Falls, Aberdeen, Pingree, River Side, Firth, Shelly, Menan, Blackfoot, Star Valley, and dozens of others.

D.Tibbitt and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Dave’s good about asking if you want to head home. I just knew you don’t pay off a truck by hanging around the house all the time. Now that it’s paid off I can really focus on moving freight and getting a regular schedule home.

4. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Early 1990’s. Marion, Tx to Miami FL. Stopped before Mobile AL for fuel because back then that was the last chance for fuel till florida panhandle. Around 24 hrs. If i remember correctly. Did it once or twice a year in a company convoy.

2010-12 made three different trips bringing nascar showcar rigs from Pheonix to San Antonio. Flew in to Phx got picked up at airport and pretty much jumped in trucks and go. Stopped only for fuel and food. 24 hrs. 12 in Texas. Lol!

15 hr days of straight driving in 5 hr increments was common on my Rio Grande Valley route.

JoeyJunk and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  5. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    And the good ones (.07 a gallon discounts) did never mention: Do y'all show discount on the ticket?

JoeyJunk, kemosabi49 and Last Call Thank this.
  6. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    890 miles, Watsonville CA to Evanston WY. Used my 150 mile ag exemption on the CA end and plowed straight through.

JoeyJunk and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  7. CorsairFanboy

CorsairFanboy Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    What is that exemption all about?

8. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho

Raw unprocessed produce, livestock, livestock feed, and many, many other agricultural products qualify for the Ag. Exemption [395.1 (k)] during declared harvest season. Declared harvest season is different from state to state, but many western states it is year round.

Basically how it works is...

All time spent within a 150 mile radius of the FIRST loading location of said Ag products is exempt from the HOS regs... Log it all as Off Duty. Must not have other non ag exempt products on board. Ill or fatigued regulation still applies.

CorsairFanboy and SteveScott Thank this.
  9. CorsairFanboy

CorsairFanboy Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    That's very nice. I suppose I've never hauled anything considered that, at least not to my knowledge. Wonder what reefer companies haul product that could be considered that. Wouldn't mind doing 900mi days :)

Thank you for taking the time to answer that.

Cattleman84 Thanks this.
  10. Gatordude

Gatordude Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Provo UT to Hays, KS. About 825 miles. 2005. Paper logs. Popping those white cross ephedrine like Pez. Man, I was tinging and ringing after that. Last time I ever did that. Freakin eyes jumping in my sockets. Those pills gave me bad cotton mouth and drinking coffee/soda. Yeah, I was that arse hole who pissed in a Gatorade bottle ashamed to say.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  11. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Right around 775 longest day legally. Not so legal about a 1000. A whole convoy of us in the oilfield with cement. Cheyenne wy to somewhere in Utah and back.

D.Tibbitt and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.