The Millis Journey

Discussion in 'Millis' started by mellonhs, Sep 29, 2011.

1. mellonhs

mellonhs Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Calhoun, GA
    ahhh the internet just gets old after the "excitement" wears off ppl. Thats all and plus it gets old seeing guys lie on here. For all newbs.... You will see what im talking about when u get out on ur own and actually start to come across situations that are discussed on here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. db2681

db2681 Medium Load Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Dayton,OH
    Care to elaborate on the situations or lies that you are talking about? I would be curious to know.

4. mellonhs

mellonhs Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Calhoun, GA
    no need to elaborate. If i wanted to elaborate i wouldve in the post. But some guys like to make themselves and their miles look bttr than they are.... Nothing to bad im just not a fan of ppl being one way on the net and another in person.

5. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    Translation... he doesn't need to prove anything on the internet. He's above that! whatever!

I would love to hear some of the situations you talk about. Hmmmm, I guess we will never know.

I can't vouch for all on here but I know I give the good with the bad, ask several who have PM'd me about regional.

Oh and I met you once. I had to walk away from you after you interrupted me at least 10 times in the first 5 minutes. Just rude, and obviously thought you knew everything. Not really a surprise you quit.

6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    uh, oh.......here it comes.......watch for it.....:biggrin_25516:

7. MojoPotatoe

MojoPotatoe Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Fremont,Indiana
    Oh I must chime in on this one! Good Riddance! Nah nah na na na Goodbye!!!

8. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    So what's the deal guys? Mellonhs states a couple of things that are uncharacteristic of what I've been reading about Millis.

He got a truck with around 3/4 of a million miles on it?????? How can that be?
    One post he says he ran 3k miles in his second week, and then he says guys aren't running hard??

What's with that?

9. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    The problem here is the source. He's not a team player. Ask anyone who's had to deal with him. Not to mention he contradicts himself as you pointed out.

My truck is a regional truck, is 4 years old, only runs Monday thru Friday (sometimes half a Saturday), and has almost 540,000 miles on it. Do the math! I've put 70,000 miles on it since December. Tell me I don't run hard!

The company advertises 3 year and newer trucks and for the most part that is true. They keep regional trucks a little longer. But 2010 and 2011 trucks IIRC were turned back in because of engine problems do until those are all replaced in the truck life cycle they will have some older trucks in the inventory. In other threads you will read about new drivers going straight to T700s. T700s have only been in production for what? Two years? And new CDL holders are already getting them.

So let's see what else he didn't like about the company?

10. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    Wow and I thought he was going to last!

11. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Thanks LB. A decent truck is very important to me. We spend alot of time together. That and the comradarie among the Millis drivers were key in my decision to come aboard. Their drivers are a notch above in my opinion.

This was the only negative thread I saw.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.