The Millis Journey

Discussion in 'Millis' started by mellonhs, Sep 29, 2011.

1. dr5169

dr5169 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    chicago,il
    Interesting thread....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. db2681

db2681 Medium Load Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Dayton,OH
    It went downhill to bickering a little. Positive and Negative side to knowing each other I guess. On the plus side you do have a chance to put a face with a name at Millis.

4. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Yeah. I was told at Millis it's more personable. You get to know all the drivers over time because ya'll go to the same stops often. Correct?

5. db2681

db2681 Medium Load Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Dayton,OH
    We have a lot of regular customers. I would say easy 90% if not more are. Majority of drivers are more than willing to help or just shoot the breeze at a terminal or customer. I've only had one or two drivers I have meet that I just didn't get along with but thats a normal thing, no one on this board as far as I know.

Hegemeister Thanks this.
  6. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Regular stops to me is a good benefit. Familiarity make the job easy and efficient. Seeing some of the same drivers gives the chance to have some type of socialization on the road.

Working my last van job, it seemed like I was alway in a different place, rarely went to the same place twice. Never got to know anyone. Love the solitary feature of OTR, but would like to see the same face twice once in a while.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.