The misadventures of a rookie tanker yanker

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Mortarmaggot, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Got to the Grace tank wash at 1400. Hanging at the Flying J near there until around 1000 tomorrow.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lagging

lagging Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    I think I passed you on your way out 481x your truck number? I’m over at the terminal now

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  4. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Yup, that'd be me.

5. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    Met a Superior driver today at the Columbus, Oh Quala Wash. Sounds like Superior is the place to be. He mentioned being a driver there for 16 plus years and had nothing negative to say. Sounds very tempting but I'm like 200ish miles from the nearest terminal in Pasadena.

6. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Yeah, that's too far away. I don't care for being 100 away so we're selling the house next year and moving.

We were already planing on selling, we just hadn't decided where to move yet. That's still kind of up in the air. If we don't go hang at the beach, we'll move somewhere in the NC mountains but close enough to either Greer or the Eastern TN terminal. I forget the name of the last one.

Smut Thanks this.
  7. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Kingsport. Don’t forget Marion Va as well. That’s a really pretty area in the mountains.

8. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Halfway to the Morrow Terminal. It's a good ride today. I'll stay at the Atlanta terminal tonight and deliver in the morning. Think it's a half mile or so from the terminal. I do have to air it off but that's too easy. Looking forward to home time and I've only been out 4 days now. Lol

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  9. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    Yea I would hate driving back and forth 200 or so miles. The company I'm with has a yard that's a ten minute drive from my apartment. Good luck with the move. The mountains in NC are gorgeous.

10. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    It's not an air off; it's a pump off and they do everything except vent the tank for you. On break while they unload, so now I need a tank wash.

It's 0800, but I'll give them a few minutes before I bug them about where and when.

11. lagging

lagging Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    Tank wash at the terminal likely n drag a clean empty home

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.