The misadventures of a rookie tanker yanker

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Mortarmaggot, Jan 2, 2018.

1. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Haha...Wisconsin, eh. Hope your heater is working well.

Safe travels.

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Yeah, it's cold now and will suck in single digits in the morning.

4. ErieMcDreary

ErieMcDreary Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Erie PA
    It could easily have been the shocks.

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  5. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    So I'm still sitting at the truck stop. Finished my pretrip and went to get air in a trailer tire and fuel up. Tire popped after about 50 feet. Bridgestone is on the way, about 90 minutes out. At least I'm at a truck stop. Not making my delivery time this morning, but if they wanted it at 9, they'll want it even more at noon.

Smut Thanks this.
  6. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Good day today. Tire was fixed in under 2 hours so I was only an hour late for delivery.

After unloading I got sent the drop trailer at Wilmington message. Drove back to the J where I started my day. My oldest sister and one of my brothers came and got me.

We went to the Perkins off of exit 2. Killed a few hours shooting the breeze and catching up face to face. It's been 9 years since we last got together. Can't let that much time pass before we do it again.

I'll get some sleep and head back out early tomorrow morning. Will be home Sunday.

7. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Made the Loves at the Southern Hillbilly foot. My 10 is almost up. It's 280 to the yard, so a quick turn should get me flipped back up as far as Wythville tonight.

8. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    I ran over 3400 miles last week. That's a lot of driving for a tanker yanker. The Friday paycheck is gonna be sweet.

Dropping a load in Indianapolis tomorrow morning and then dispatching out of Cincinnati. I have a return date for this Sunday, so it's probably going to be a load sending me towards Carolina.

I'm down to 1 hr 20 min of 70 hour clock. I start picking up nearly 10 hours a day for the next three. My guess is I'm back in Wilmington by Friday when I pick up only a few hours.

9. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Unloading in Newnan GA. Will run over to Augusta to tank wash and spend the night afterwards.

My time out is nearing an end. I lad tomorrow and run up to deliver in VA on Friday. My 70 click is about dead so I'm running off of hours gained alone each day. I'll have to sit until midnight Friday to gain the hours to run home Saturday.

It sorta sucks to run like that, but money is surely being made.

Smut Thanks this.
  10. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    If you don't mind me askin', how were you compensated for all of that diddle dik down time you just went through with the breakdown?

11. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    From the moment I broke down until I was done dealing with getting the truck to the shop, I got hourly pay. The rest of the time I got 10 hours of hourly pay each day. They also paid for the hotel.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.