The misadventures of a rookie tanker yanker

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Mortarmaggot, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Peter1888

Peter1888 Bobtail Member

May 19, 2018
    Been thinking of trucking for awhile bartending in dallas thanks to your two posts think i found the company to strive for. Thanks for putting in the time to bring us along for your amazing ride..

wsyrob and Mortarmaggot Thank this.
  2. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017

You're welcome. I did a lot of looking before picking a company. So glad I came here. Best of luck.

3. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017

Yeah that sucks. I'm between High Point and Wilmington, so I'm in a no man's land area too, but it's 100 either way.

I'm selling the house next year and moving closer to a terminal. I've got two great ones to pick from. Both have a ton of out and back dedicated, so I can get significant hometime or run the system like I am now

scythe08 Thanks this.
  4. Paddlewagon

Paddlewagon Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Llano Estacado
    I always wondered if those outfits running into the mines were worth looking into. I ran a bit of milk into Phx,but always bounced to Cali for a reload.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  5. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    I've only hauled snot into one KY mine. It never hurts to look at a company or talk to their drivers

6. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Loading in Elwood tonight and running it to Hodges SC for delivery on Monday at noon. Will get around 9 hrs dispatch delay today and a little more towards the end of the weekend. Nice trip with just over 750 miles, but since I'm not far from home, I'll put in a hometime for next Friday.

Will do a couple short runs and then enjoy adult beverages and some fishing over the weekend....or whatever the kids are up for.

7. lagging

lagging Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    Easy drop and hook at Colgate and augusta inbound you will probably be already loaded on the yard and of course I haven’t ran it in forever but when I did the plant you could bring it in anytime after 700

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  8. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017

Thanks. That's about the scoop I got from another driver. It's a good run. There are 4 loads leaving Markham and heading down there Monday. Don't like loading this late in the day,(1700), but it's a weekend so parking won't be as much of a PITA

I plan to run to a J on the 65 in Indiana to take a 10. That way I can adjust back into an early morning departure and mid day park by my Tuesday load.

9. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Relaxing at the house over a long weekend. I'm set up with a Run to MO next. Load Tuesday and deliver Thursday.

Enjoy your Memorial weekend all. I'll toast to the fallen tonight and remember those who didn't come back.

SurfBaker Thanks this.
  10. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Amen.

Friend Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.