The misadventures of a rookie tanker yanker

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Mortarmaggot, Jan 2, 2018.

1. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    You're a shark!

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    I sure was that night. Franklin took forever to get the load ready.

Quick update. Just doing a reset and then dragging a load of dry oil up to Grand Rapids Michigan. Will be back by the 3rd.

4. spindrift

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    I just pulled into Pedricktown, NJ. Coming from Louisville I had to come East on I68. Took me f_o_r_e_v_e_r. This little Detroit might get good mileage on the flats but it can't pull those hills worth a diddly darn. How is that Mack workin' out for 'ya?

5. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    My run to Grand Rapids got moved, so I hauled dirty water to Shamrock and then did an out and back to VA. Got to the house earlier and am off until the 12th.

Stay safe, y'all.

Slim51 and Smut Thank this.
  6. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    hey, you ok , buddy?

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  7. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
  8. spindrift

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Seriously.
    Hope all is well. Never good to see someone suddenly drop off the face of the Earth.

Mortarmaggot, scythe08 and Smut Thank this.
  9. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Sorry, guys. Been doing a lot of small out and backs with a lot of home time in July. Will be running in August.

10. spindrift

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
  11. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    I'm heading out into the system Monday night. The plan is to stay out until Labour Day weekend. The posting will be more regular as I get settled into the groove.

Before heading home the other day, I remounted my Qualcomm so it's much easier to view and use. Once I figure out how to put photos up, I'll share it. For now, a quick description will have to do.

I removed the original mounting system in my bulldog and placed the Qualcomm just above the radio. If you do it, you'll need to remove the two screws in the dash, drill one hole in the Qualcomm holding mount and counter sink it. One hole is already available to be used in the bracket. Then use a couple of sheet metal screws to mount the bracket. You'll also need to cut about a half inch off the bracket part that holds the qualcQua shut.

Total time invested is about 5 minutes or less of actual work. Going back and forth between the truck and shop to get screws, a hack saw, drill, bits etc. is the only pain in the backside. So, get it all together first. You'll be happy as heck if you move your Qualcomm.

BTW, that wasn't an original idea by me. My first trainer, Jeff, had his like that. I've been meaning to do it for the last several months but have been lazy about it.

Stay safe, y'all. Hope we cross paths rolling up the money belt.

Slim51 and Smut Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.