The misadventures of a rookie tanker yanker

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Mortarmaggot, Jan 2, 2018.

1. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    We have the same rule. Customer is responsible for discarding any material that is contained in the bucket or spill rag. There's really no accommodation for "spillage" on a truck.

Smut Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I used to carry an old cat litter box. It fit on the bottom of my side box and was handy for that dripping pump that's too low for a bucket to get under. Controlled the fitting and cap drip as well

4. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Because if u get product in a bucket and the customer does not let u dispose of the product on their property, you have to figure out how to get rid of this product. You definitely can’t go down the public highway with that product in a bucket, d o t would have a field day if u get caught

Smut Thanks this.
  5. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    At Schneider we had to provide our own buckets and spill pads. Bukets came with lids and you would have to carry it in the saddlebox locked for it to be considered secured. You had to dispose of it at the tankwash and it counted as heel. It was a royal pita especially if you had something heavy like acid. Nowadays the only bucket I carry is for sand in the winter.

Smut Thanks this.
  6. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Hope you are ok Mortarmaggot. Going to be lots of flooding from the storm that wouldn’t leave.

We got very little up in Winston Salem. I got N Chicago with a 6 am appointment for Monday. Went ahead and left today to drive in the daylight. Going to split break so I can catch the Panther game.

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  7. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Our Wilmington terminal is closed. Two roads are now open going to Wilmington.

My family and I are all ok. House took some roof, ceiling, and floor damage due to wind gusts and rain intrusion. Already have a claim number and restoration agreement signed. Waiting on the insurance guy to swing by. He needs to do to that soon.

The NC Directors of Nursing Conference in Myrtle Beach is still on, so we head there tomorrow. A little 5 day vacation. Just have to figure the best route in and out.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    77fib77, NightWind, scythe08 and 2 others Thank this.
  8. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Hey Mort...glad to hear all is well. My brother's boat is in New Bern so he's sweating bullets. Hasn't heard how much damage may have been done. From what I hear, the flooding is so bad in spots that docks have been lifted right off their pilings; then the whole thing just floats off into the sunset.

9. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    Glad to hear you and yours are alright.

10. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Estimate for repairs is right around 7 grand, so not too bad at all. It's good to be insured. I'm paying the difference to upgrade to aritechural shingles and for the mounting of a microwave above the stove. My wife has been bugging me for that last one.

I'll only have to paint and replace the flooring when I put it on the market in 18 months or so

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    PostmanMJC Thanks this.
  11. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    I had to laugh at your last comment "Relish the days when everything goes as planned" ha ha ha :D how often does that happen huh? there always seems to be someone or something that is holding up the line and causing delays my pet hate is motorists that choose to run at like 10 - 20 kmph below the speed limit and think there driving safely with no duel carriage way that causes major bedlam.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.