The misadventures of a rookie tanker yanker

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Mortarmaggot, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Well, Christmas and a new XDS .45 for me, so a little extra earning time was appropriate. Taking my wife to the range tonight to get aquatinted with her new .380, and of course, the .45 will get broken in.

kemosabi49, Smut and spindrift Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
  4. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Having a great home time. My wife and I went to the Bone Fish for an anniversary dinner and tonight we did the intro to pistol class. She hadn't fired any sort of firearm since she was a teenager. She has a bit of a hearing impediment, so I took it with her.

I took her to the range earlier before the class, and we put 50 rounds thru her P238. She got to shoot 100 from a 22 during class. I was allowed to use my 45 at the end of class and loved that platform. Blew out the red in 6 rounds.

Mary, my wife, took a couple of photos while we were shooting the 22 .I can't figure out how to load them, so hopefully I figure that out.

One firearm I shot tonight was a first. The instructor allowed me to use his revolver. The long trigger pull wasn't easy for me. I fired hirer that I'd have liked too.

Sorry for the double post of us.

IMG_20181208_201254.jpg FB_IMG_1544324476088.jpg IMG_20181208_201254.jpg FB_IMG_1544324476088.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    PostmanMJC and Smut Thank this.
  5. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Having a great home time. My wife and I went to the Bone Fish for an anniversary dinner and tonight we did the intro to pistol class. She hadn't fired any sort of firearm since she was a teenager. She has a bit of a hearing imoedimped, so I took it with her.

I took her to the range earlier before the class, and we put 50 rounds thru her P238. She got to shoot 100 from a 22 during class. I was allowed to use my 45 at the end of class and loved that platform. Blew out the red in 6 rounds.

Mary, my wife, took a couple of photos while we were shooting the 22 .I can't figure out how to load them, so hopefully I figure that out.

One firearm I shot tonight was a first. The instructor allowed me to use his revolver. The long trigger pull wasn't easy for me. I fired hirer that I'd have liked too.

View attachment 257576 View attachment 257578 View attachment 257576 View attachment 257578

6. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Having a great home time. My wife and I went to the Bone Fish for an anniversary dinner and tonight we did the intro to pistol class. She hadn't fired any sort of firearm since she was a teenager. She has a bit of a hearing imoedimped, so I took it with her.

I took her to the range earlier before the cladd, and we put 50 rounds thru her P238. She got to shoot 100 from a 22 during class. I was allowed to use my 45 at the end of class and loved that platform. Blew out the red in 6 rounds.

View attachment 257576 View attachment 257578 View attachment 257576 View attachment 257578

Attached Files:

7. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Sorry about my awful sharing of photos. I'm trying to figure that out and get better at it.

Spent some time with the kids killing zombies so they're getting some dad time in too. We're coordinating a crappie fishing trip in the early summer at lake Harris with an old Army buddy of mine.

Slim51 Thanks this.
  8. spindrift

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    You know the ol' saying, "A family that shoots together, stays together."

PostmanMJC, cprems and Mortarmaggot Thank this.
  9. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Tomorrow I'm doing preloading and a terminal safety brief to get about a 10 hour day in. On Saturday I'm yanking a tank to Bowling Green. Just a quick dedicated run, so I'll probably be back Monday, maybe Tuesday morning, all depending on how I feel like running it.

Told dispatch to keep my on dedicated stuff thru the holiday. I've made enough this month to afford more home time with the family.

I've had a good full week off.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  10. spindrift

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
  11. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    That's one of the best aspects of being with Superior. If you run enough, they don't even raise an eyebrow when you take a week, or even more. I've taken 10 or more consecutive days off four times this year. I can't count the number of 4 and 5 day home times in-between. I still managed to make over 55 being on the old pay scale most of the year. I'll easily make over 60 next year on the new pay while keeping an easy pace with lots of home time.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.