The misadventures of a rookie tanker yanker

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Mortarmaggot, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Send them. I will have time to answer them this weekend. I'm a new Tank guy, and trucker for that matter, so I might have the answers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Memphis had me on a load to Elwood so I called to see if she realized my home date and just how far out that was from Wilmington. She thanked me for catching that and put me on a sweet little run to near Greer SC, which is along the way home. Might even get home a day early.

I don't pick up until Monday, so I'll drop at the tank wash in Memphis tomorrow and then stay in the company hotel for the weekend. Wings, football, and laundry sounds like a good rest.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  4. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I was going to suggest you eat at the Port restaurant at the intersection of Channel and Harbor near Superior but they aren’t open on weekends. It’s a good 1970s style throwback truck stop. I deliver to a place right down from the Memphis terminal.

Be careful, 240 was pretty rough in Memphis today, lots of wrecks.

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  5. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Thanks. Are the roads clear now or will they be when I'm rolling around 0200? I can leave later since I'm on my time until Monday morning. Guess I'd better pull up weather now

6. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    You can look at the TDOT Smartway cameras in Memphis and see how they look. They are clear right now in the travel lanes but the temperature is staying low through tomorrow. Friend of mine he was running 21 mph due to wrecks in town. He said 40 East was pretty bad headed to Jackson.

I stayed in Louisiana today to avoid it all. Down south here they just put a little salt down and wait it out.

7. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    I checked the traffic reports. Will just leave later in the morning to let the sun do it's thing. I have all weekend. Thanks again.

shogun Thanks this.
  8. Ian2175

Ian2175 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Do you know if they still offer the night classes? That would be great for me. I could work the whole time while in school. Thanks!

9. lagging

lagging Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    They do it normally fills up before the daytime class my class had 22 the night class had 30 when I was there. You’ll want to do your application for the school as soon as possible. I had to wait a class session for a open seat

10. Ian2175

Ian2175 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Thanks for all the info.

lagging and TaterFox Thank this.
  11. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    In Memphis, tank dropped, and at the hotel. Time to get some laundry done and find some wings and sweet tea

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.