The misadventures of a rookie tanker yanker

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Mortarmaggot, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Load delivers in Maryland at 0800 tomorrow. Customer has parking, so I'll leave tonight and take my 10 at their location. I'll leave plenty early to do a Dennys breakfast at the 104 and beat the DC area rush. I will also get leftover Turducken from last night as my last meal with the family before the trip.

Was planning on a short system run, but my appiappoint got moved from the 11th out to the 21st. Guess I'll run a little longer.

The 401k could use the bump. It's the start of the year so the company match kicks in again. Hope for a big market crash or correction. Buying shares cheap would be a nice gift.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Driving all night sucked. That should sum up the drive well enough.

Made it on time and the offloading is easy. Will catch some rack and see what Baltimore has for me.

4. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    It may have sucked, but holiday traffic along that portion of I95 sucks a whole lot more. Actually, I'll take an evening ride anytime of year along that route. What a nasty, nasty experience it can be.

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  5. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    The ride wasn't all that bad. I was an idiot and didn't sleep enough the day prior. What sucked was forcing myself to stay focused.

Just got some great sleep and am about to head over the Karns City. They have me running a load down to High Point. Guess I'll go home Saturday night and head out again next week.

I'd keep rolling if High Point needed me, but I left my laptop at home. Time passes easier when I have that with me.

6. spindrift

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Crickets...crickets I tell 'ya.

7. ttypewe4jim

ttypewe4jim Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Heading up to Maine this weekend for 3 weeks to finish up entry level training. From there back to NJ for 2 more days with my current trainer and hopefully cut lose from there. Not looking forward to trying to get to Maine in this snow storm though lol. Hauled my first load yesterday that really hit hard (np168 plasticizer.) And again today, way better today but still learning the sloshing control. Braking is my worst time with 8t so far.

PostmanMJC and Mortarmaggot Thank this.
  8. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Did a run to Grand Rapids. Sat in Markham for a day then ran a dedicated to Raeford. Currently back in Markham. I load back down to Raeford tomorrow and tank wash back to Wilmington from there

PostmanMJC Thanks this.
  9. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    As long as you get up here before Sunday's storm you'll be fine.

10. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Got home last night. Had a decent 11 day run.

scythe08, spindrift and PostmanMJC Thank this.
  11. spindrift

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Good deal. I'm going to run the rubber big time this week. Should be a nice check to continue paying down the Xmas Disney trip that we made with our granddaughter. Dispatch tacked on a short run to Baton Rouge at the end of the week. Hopefully, the week goes as planned.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.