The misadventures of a rookie tanker yanker

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Mortarmaggot, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Exactly what Lilj said about the pay.

I don't know how Pasadena works, but in Wilmington I'm able to do dedicated when I want and system when I want. Maybe go OTR and run system loads as needed if that is an option there. You won't know if that's an option until you talk to the drivers and TM there.

I like running a couple of weeks or so and then taking a longer break at home. When I'm running dedicated, I get tired of the quick turnaround and am hardly able to enjoy the home time. However, there are times when I need or want to be home for something, and then I do dedicated.

MYSTYKRACER, Lilj and SurfBaker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Blown out tire. Drove slow with flashers to the next exit where there was ample room for the service tech to work on it.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  4. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    The split pay thing still kills me.

slim shady Thanks this.
  5. ttypewe4jim

ttypewe4jim Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Late replying to this but that kills me as well...... I also love how some trailers and loads are "dedicated" yet they still pay loaded n empty miles. I know alot of this is a problem at the terminal level but it's still getting old. It also kills me that they hold back someone who wants to run system regionally.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.