The Missing Mattress Mystery of Missouri

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Oxbow, May 19, 2022.

1. pumpkinishere

pumpkinishere Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2021
    No but that was where the story was heading until Blair got on here and told us the real missing mattress of Missouri mystery.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Every time I see a mattress I'll think of that from now on

4. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    I worked as a delivery driver for a chain of mattress stores while I was in college. They carried all of the big names but they also had a small mattress manufacturing shop where they'd build their own extreme luxury line of supposedly top of the line bedding. Their California king mattress only came in a burgundy velvety color and was affectionately nicknamed by the salesman and drivers as the "prostitute". It seemed like we always delivered them to guys who you'd picture to be used car salesman living in meth-head apartment buildings.

5. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    The lawn equipment place I worked at in highschool had a whole pallet of saws/trimmers go missing off the receiving dock when they didn't lock the door at night a few years before I started working there. Every newer machine that came in we were checking the vin's. That was over 10G worth of stuff on a single pallet. Mostly pro series Stihl saws and trimmers.

6. tramm01

tramm01 Road Train Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Idaho
    It took me a 6 pack to get through the story and then I couldn’t remember what the story was about so I to give it a re-read

7. 4mer trucker

4mer trucker Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Did U knock down a 2nd Sixer?

8. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    RedForeman and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  9. merv85

merv85 Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2020
    Dallas, Tx
    That is where (silverado), the gal must have hidden the mattress, She was taunting you by saying "That's mine"

10. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    With @Oxbow ..starting this thread and tagging @blairandgretchen in the 1st line.. it's hard telling what the true story is ..
    But I can promise Ya'll 1 thing there was No Lot Lizzard harmed in the making of this thread
    Knowing both of them like I do
    Neither of them waste time with a lizzard.. @Oxbow has been grooming @blairandgretchen to take over the throne as reining king of the specialized flat bed hauling
    When @Oxbow use to roam the roads his nickname was Double Drop Don Juan
    And since @blairandgretchen bears a striking resemblance to a young Burt Reynolds right down to the stash & laugh
    I'am pretty those 2 guys were drinking beers at @blairandgretchen 's house by this pool and got hammer drunk and took the neighbor's mattress & wife and threw it in the pool..
    Because that's what guys from Missouri referred to as a water bed...
    NOW... @Oxbow has sobered up and he is dealing with a headache, a pissed off husband who can't find his wife or mattress
    And now @blairandgretchen is MIA. wife the neighbor's mattress & wife

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2022
    RedForeman, Feedman, Coffey and 6 others Thank this.
  11. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    That's funny stuff right there.^^^^^^^^^

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.