The moment they hand you a fuel card they become your banker

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by peekaboonotyou, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    When I was in Hawaii he was getting fuel delivered to the bulk tank for 3.20 or so. If we had to go to a cardlock it was around 3.80. And the poor guys without a bulk tank or access to a cardlock were paying about 4.70 at the pump.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    The one on the left coming in. Back in 2010.. by the way love Fast Eddy's in Tok :)

4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    A guy I used to drive for (small company) buys bulk fuel, and He would sell me fuel on the honor system, along with a couple of his brothers and a few other oo's. We would just fuel and write down our gallons and saved 30 cents or so over pump price, but like always truckers can screw up a wet dream, it wasn't long before fuel started coming up short and some forgot they were suppose to pay for it.
    It sucked, because I could fuel 24/7 there.

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  5. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Yea, that place is closed down,which kind of sucks, even though I have no need to buy fuel there.
    I never cared for fast freddies, but a lot of alcan drivers liked it, so I ate there now and then. There used to be a place at the cutoff called grumpys, it was Drakes the head honcho dot at the scale, wife owned it, she put out some good eats. Plus Bill hung out there when he wasn't on duty and we could give him hell.

Her health went south and she passed, he retired and drives a truck, last I knew. Gave truckers hell for years, now he is one. lol

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  6. GraniteRiver

GraniteRiver Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2018
    So sign up for your own fuel card and pay it out of your checking account weekly. It’s not rocket science.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.