The New FFE Driver Academey

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by THE PLAYMAKER, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Wingnut1

Wingnut1 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2012
    The Mitten
    I came down with enough to lie quite comfortably, others ate Ramen noodles breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think somewhere buried in this thread, someone mentioned $3-400, but I'm sure others have survived on less. The school/dorm has a shuttle to Walmart twice a week, and the dorm has 3 fridges, 3 microwaves, a hot plate and a frying pan or two, plus vending machines. Food is mainly the only thing you need to get you through, so how ever much you eat and what you eat decides how much $$ you need, plus of course the $$ for permits. Food is provided once you get to orientation, but once you are done with that, you are on your own for food while you wait for your trainer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    Hey, RoadRunner and WingNut, stop hanging around that hotel in Lancaster and get on the road. :biggrin_25519: I am already in Kansas City, Mo.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  4. Wingnut1

Wingnut1 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2012
    The Mitten
    I'm headed out in a few hours!!

5. windmillbill

windmillbill Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Baldwin, MI
    Thanks Wingnut. Good luck with the training Man.

6. teqntexas

teqntexas Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Ft. Worth Tx.
    Learn to eat cheap. Seriously. Food on the road is expensive. Me I'd rather that money go in my pocket not flying J's. Banquet makes some decent micro stuff that does not need to be refridged. @ $1.75 a piece. Look for canned stuff as well. Think I took @ $150 withme to the academy and survived. But I only ordered pizza once while there. If ya smoke. Bring them with you. That Walmart is outrageous one cigarette prices. Also I'd recommend bringing 3-4 days of food with you and skipping the first trip to Walmart. Its crazy. There will be less people going on Thursday. Much less hectic and more room on the van.

Big_Trill Thanks this.
  7. windmillbill

Jul 12, 2012
    Baldwin, MI
    Thanks teqntexas I do appreciate the advice. How long have you been with ffe?

8. teqntexas

teqntexas Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Ft. Worth Tx.
    Just finishing my second solo trip out so I'm a big time rookie. If you have any questions just let me know. Ill shoot to ya strait.

9. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    I justed started my six weeks OTR with trainer phase of training. Yesterday was my first night out and the clutch went out on the truck. So, the truck is in a Freightliner shop and me and the trainer are in a hotel in Kansas City, Mo.

Wingnut1 Thanks this.
  10. windmillbill

Jul 12, 2012
    Baldwin, MI
    What kind of trucks are you guys out on training using?

11. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    The Academy trucks are 07 Freightliner Century Class. As for the six weeks of over the road training, it depends what your trainer is driving. I am in a 2010 Century Class with my trainer. I am not sure what the other guys are in, but it would be safe to say it is either a Prostar, Cascadia, or Century.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.