The no BS story on SNI from the Drivers Seat of Truck # 40767

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Centex_147, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Auxiliary Power Unit. It's basically a diesel generator that gives you heat, volts and AC without having to idle.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. halonut

halonut Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Reno, NV
    Ok Penguin, thanks for the info! Now what about DAC, as in DAC report?

4. Travler51

Travler51 Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    I am looking into the trucking biz, and have my 45 minute interview set up for this Thursday. I would go to the school in Charlotte, NC.

There are absolute horror stories in this forum about SNI, as well as good stuff...

My fear is that Schneider is a Driver Mill... I have an opportunity to go to
    a smaller, more one-on-one school near by. One of their sponsoring companies will pay for it all.

Right now, I am so beyond broke, making a measly $25k a year would be like winning the lottery!

I'm still looking and thinking. Need to save up a few hundred bucks for school! LOL

5. hurricaneppers

hurricaneppers Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2007
    taylorsville, nc
    Starting on Oct 20th in Charlotte NC for training . The recruiter told me .30 per mile anybbody know for sure. i would like to know how were the trainers good bad? and how long did you ride with them. gotta start somewhere.

6. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    OK, I tried to answer this and my post got flagged for some reason. :biggrin_2554:

7. LP45CDwoman

LP45CDwoman Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Hi, Hurricaneppers! I'm planning on starting with Schneider in January, and any tidbits you can drop myself and other prospective trainees will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    :biggrin_2559:

8. JohnTheTrucker

JohnTheTrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Decatur, AL
    I worked with SNI for 7 years, but left in 2000 due to "home time" issues. My wife was teaming with me and she ended up pregnant (a symptom of see each other every day) so she came off the truck. When the baby was born, SNI's home time policy wasn't adequate for my needs anymore. It sounds like they've changed it quite a bit if they allow 5 days per month. I'm currently working on the Target dedicated account for JBH but, due to one of my stores changing their delivery time, my miles have tanked. It's really too bad; I ran 2700/wk, home every night and wknds. But I can't sit around and wait even another month so I'm considering returning to SNI.

What is their current lumper policy? That was always a stickler with my wife and I. And what is a "DBL"? Back in the day fleet managers were called "STL's".

9. biker40

biker40 Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2007
    St. louis, Missouri

I would stay away from Stevens, They are the rudest bunch out there, and you will stay out weeks before ever going near your home. every 90 days they will reroute you back to the terminal in Dallas Tx. and you have to pull in the safety lane and they will go over your truck for safety and the the machanics will go over it and if they see something they dont like such as fuel milage, you'll be cussed at and end up in a fight with them if you don't take thier crap, usually you will be there acouple days whether you like it or not, I saw a guy there for4 days waiting on his rig to get out of the safety lane, so if home time is important to you, Stevens is should not be your choice. for Orentation you will be gone a minimum of 12 weeks and then get your truck and load and be out 3 to 4 more, so you could possibly be out almost 20 weeks with out getting home during that span. first hand knowlege, just letting you know. c ya

Biker

10. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    My fear is that Schneider is a Driver Mill...

Of course it is, but it is one of the better ones. :biggrin_255:

11. hlaird

hlaird Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Tell me more about this waiver and how difficult it is to get. I don't think I could sleep in excessive temperatures and sure as hell don't want to be forced to drive tired and sticky.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.