The Northeast

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Clara3, Oct 20, 2019.

1. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Nope, Not a dead end at all. There is a chicane in the road you might get wedged on is why I doubt anyone has taken a 18 wheeler all the way through on.

Here are some other photos that I took yesterday. The first one is a lawn that I had just mowed and bagged the leaves on with my commercial mower. The mountains (2000 feet tall) in the distance is Mount Desert Island. In the fore ground is actually the river between Sullivan on the north side and Hancock on the south side. There is an island in the river seperating your view of Frenchmans Bay (beyond). The closer island is known as Ingalls Isle.
    1021191456.jpg
    This pic is a local inn next door in Sullivan Maine. I belive they are Bay View Inn 1021191502.jpg
    This is just one of the several small churches that dot the area. Dating back to the 1920's as roads were still paths back then. The only way to reach the area was by steamer. Sullivan and Sorrento were originally founded by the Preble familly. I dont want to bore you witth the details as I dont know if anyone really wants to know the abriged version of our history. 1021191502a.jpg
    At one time this used to be Route one. Back in the 1970's this was typical of much of the roads. Route one has been straightened ALOT! Yet much of the original route one can still be found. The glare is from my windshield. Tho it does add a interesting effect to the picture. 1021191515.jpg

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    I don't mind the Northeast. Main thing is shut down early to get parked, which means most drivers will need to start out earlier than usual.

4. Damaged_Goods

Damaged_Goods Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2016
    I live in the Northeast (Scranton,PA)
    So it doesn’t bother me..Yes Parking is limited and roads are bumpy and congested and there will always be lots of construction....but there is one thing I like about it....it’s rarely a boring drive for the most part....keeps you alert and awake..
    Highway Hypnosis doesn’t really exist...I can’t imagine driving the Midwest like ; I 80 thru Wyoming and such...I would be perpetually tired.. Time would just drag on and on and on.....

D.Tibbitt, FlaSwampRat and LoSt_AgAiN Thank this.
  5. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL

6. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    i80 thru wyoming during a snowstorm will keep u on ur feet. LOL yes the west is boring especially driving at night. the good thing is u get tired , hit an on/off ramp and take nap. i15 from st george to salt lake is the worst. i8 from jucumba to i10 casa grande is incredibly boring. i80 like u mentioned. i40 can be boring once getting out of the mountains.... ill take boring over the northeast traffic and crazy confusing roads

Vic Firth, Tx Countryboy and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    One other thought about the NE, if you got into the white mountains range more or less and found a nice gravel spot with a mountain blocking the SW sky, no one is going to be bothering you on satellite.

Bip, this is your safety message for the day, firings continue until productivity improves... (Ha...) //sarcasm.

In those days dispatchers were like rhesus monkeys. Stacking messages as if it will make you move out any sooner before the logs let you to. On the other hand, there were a number of taverns that had breakfast early in the morning in many spots you could shoe horn and grab 20 spaces for 30 minutes.

On the other hand there were plenty for time to discover a low 11 foot bridge in which you need 4 lawns to turn gently around without tearing up all those people's grass under police protection. They tease you and give you a hard time but in the end alls well.

8. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Here you've got a guy who knows and runs the NE. He says it's a pain.
    I don't know it. I wanna stay out. Leave it to those who know it.
    Has nothing to do with drama.
    EDIT: Lets change that to New England. Have and will do upstate NY, NJ, Penn.

On the other hand. I have no problem going to LA. I know it. I know it's a pain. I'm oriented there. I know what to expect, where.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.