The not so good new year

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by southernpride, Jan 4, 2010.

1. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    SP, keep us posted, and good luck!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    southernpride, you are truly a GREAT EMPLOYER! Do you have any idea how many employers would be saying, "I'm gonna go get the truck and the load, and get it delivered. That dang driver got himself into jail, he can get himself out of jail..."

('course once you have him out of jail you may wish to do a little butt whuppin' on him.):yes2557:

Ducks Thanks this.
  4. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    SP, just don't start whuppin' on that there driver until after you are out of the parking lot. We don't want to hear about you killin' them and going to jail yourself.

5. RIBS

RIBS Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Ward , Arkansas
    So early in the year, hope you get threw it quickly. And may 2010 be a huge forward moving year for you.

6. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

There is absolutely no way I'd allow a company driver of any kind to have an ungoverned truck.
    I might be nice enough to allow 85 or 90 max. The first speeding ticket that would drop to 75 or lower as the situation warranted.
    For over 3 yrs I drove my own truck governed at 76. I managed to haul a lot of freight with it set at that. My next owned truck was ungoverned. I never had it over 90.

FriedTater Thanks this.
  7. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    True for most but,
    I dont hire rookies with less then 7-10 years,they all start in a 83-85 mph factory governed truck and move up to what ever comes in as new based on seniority. That particular truck was once mine and I had it cranked up to kill Peterbuilts (which it did on a regular basis)
    I dont run a Day Care Center
    Although all my trucks are cranked up everyone knows where the money comes from and fuel mileage is the "money maker".We come to work and "WORK" put in our 3 weeks and go home for 7 days,unless there is an issue with a truck I dont hear from most of them for many months about "job related" content.

The power is there if they want it,get caught acting stupid and its yours to deal with.All my current drivers have been with me for at least and over 10 years,one is going on "SIXTEEN".(She is my Top Hand)
    Been leased to the same Company going on 17 years this year.

8. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Lets hope it turns out OK !!!

9. LavenderTrucker

LavenderTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Omaha,NE
    SP... Sorry to hear this, I wish you luck...

I am a newbie and driving an ungoverned 379 Pete... okay, I am not alone, I am being trained and run with the OO...

Dang, 117mph.... I thought it was enough when he had me go 76mph to pushing 80mph when we were passing a couple of slower trucks...

Also glad that I am still too new to not get out and look....

Anyway, SouthernPride,I do hope all goes well and I think you are great.

10. jeepskate99

jeepskate99 Road Train Member

Given the jail thing, I am wondering if the driver knew it was behind him. :biggrin_25514:

11. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    Before this is over, BOTH may be in jail.

jtrnr1951 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.