The odds are in favor of the house

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by rookietrucker, Aug 23, 2015.

1. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    No argument on any point. What I will say is sometimes the lease is part of the hard work. For me it was just a step on a path I set for myself. It was never about the truck or a career destination.

My philosophy is simple, every company is going to try to use me to its benefit, in return I feel no qualms about getting what I can out of the experience and moving on when the time comes.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigGee

BigGee Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Down South
    Who you drive for and post that check stub aint no company driver making that.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    jamesjohnson and spectacle13 Thank this.
  4. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    You can make those decent amount checks but it will not be with any big carrier. Nor will it be with leasing a truck from a carrier.

I use to clear $2-3k a week after taxes hauling sand but since that has slowed down. I have switched to OTR. It took some time and research but I found a very small company close to home. I was skeptical at first when I started with them. Because I was stern on how much money I need to make to keep me as a driver. The exact words I was told, "We don't haul cheap freight". They have stuck to those words and my checks have shown it. I am bringing in $1200-1800 a week after taxes, CONSISTENTLY. Don't get me wrong here. I am moving constantly and working to make that money.

The owner I work for, has been in the trucking business for almost 40yrs. He knows, it's not how much money he is making. It's about keeping quality drivers and not hauling cheap freight. Which seems to be rare these days with trucking companies.

Slingshot88, joseph1135 and truckon Thank this.
  5. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    As for leasing trucks from the big carriers. I don't think OOIDA writes articles just for the hell of it without some reasonable knowledge.

The only lease I have seen that is reasonable, is lone mountain truck leasing. If you qualify, you can take the truck to any company you choose. Now their might be other companies out here like them but I don't know of them. You can truly be a independent o/o with this lease.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  6. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

He has before.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  7. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I work for Lessors out of Minnesota. Yes, you can clear $1800-$2200 as a company driver. Not every week, but it happens.

Slingshot88 and truckon Thank this.
  8. BigGee

BigGee Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Down South

Post that check stub, put that money where that mouth is.

9. BigGee

BigGee Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Down South
    [QUOdruckon, post: 4761712, member: 76964"]He has before.[/QUOTE]

I didnt see it tell him to repost it.

10. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

Why? He's got me and other members backing him up. Thats plenty of evidence.

Now I gotta wonder what information you want to steal from the pay stub..

11. BigGee

BigGee Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Down South
    The only l

I would believe a lease driver making 1800 before i believe a company driver.

He dont have nothing i want over here im good. I dont know you from a can of paint your word dont mean nothing to me. If confident he can post that check stub all i need is the net. Thats all.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.