The odds are in favor of the house

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by rookietrucker, Aug 23, 2015.

1. BigGee

BigGee Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Down South

Next time you decide to open your mouth on a situation be willing to back it up. If you are not willing to back it up just be quiet on the situation.

jamesjohnson Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Got a Rambo over here

truckon Thanks this.
  4. BigGee

BigGee Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Down South
    [QHa-ha ="xsetra, post: 4763325, member: 70272"]That's a full week right there. How long after you parked the truck did the tires stop smoking??. haha.[/QUOTE]

Haha I bet that was a slow week for him, leave it up to him on a good week he get about 6000 miles under his belt. These drivers I tell ya if you give them a foot they take a mile with they truckstop tales.lol

jamesjohnson Thanks this.
  5. BigGee

BigGee Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Down South

Alright cb warrior, truckstop bandit.

6. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Just shy of 4200 miles in a week....7 days, averaging short of 600 miles per day. As long as a driver stays out of the west coast (speed limit) WA/OR/CA...where would that be subject to disbelief? Then depending on pay rate...(several companies are getting high forties per mile)....a $2000 week is feasible.

Really? You need to exaggerate a statement by injecting more miles (6000) as a potential bragging from the truck stop coffee counter BS group? Statements of actual potential, legally accomplished are not the same as obvious BS intended for the newbie who wouldn't know what can be actually done.

joseph1135 and truckon Thank this.
  7. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    1800 on 4150 miles. Good job boy. Some of us work to live not the other way around.

ExmuslimAtheist Thanks this.
  8. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    Gentlemen or Ladies, Debating is fine but let's not lower ourselves to name calling or insulting each other.

9. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    What did I miss....he called me a what????

Nah....I'm #1, plenty have already confirmed that one!

10. Pigtail

Pigtail Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    The bean counters figured it all out a long time ago.

If there were any real profits to be made by owning a truck you couldn't dynamite one out from under corporate amerika's ###. If there were any reasonable expectations of making a profit by owning a truck banks would be falling all over themselves to loan money to owner ops to make purchases.

'Nuf said.

11. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    News flash: The odds are always in favor of the house. Company driver, L/P and a leased O/O.

This thread is a joke. If you think L/P is a scam then don't lease. Can't make the math work? Don't lease.

Why so many of you have chosen to yell and scream to the heavens that L/P is a horrible idea, especially when most of you have never done it, is beyond me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.