The Old days are dying and the New drivers only smell like they have.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Muleskinner, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas
    Beats seein' old dirty crap stained sweats any day. I wouldn't know what to think if I saw a good lookin gal climb outta the cab with a dress on. Just don't see that every day.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Dress Code?
    I'm all for it.

Back in the day, I used to wear clean sport shirts, or clean, colored T-shirts with the pocket -- clean Wranglers, usually black or light gray and boots to walk and tennies to drive.

Then, I realized I'm a Big truck truck driver -- with an image to protect.

Now-A-Daze, I wear more appropriate attire. A (slightly) faded purple cape and (bright, but not hot) pink speedos.
    I look like I can fly -- but, truth be known, I really can't. It's all mostly for show.
    Doncha know. :yes2557::biggrin_25512: :biggrin_25521: :biggrin_25523:

4. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa

Nope I do not freak out (especially with wifey beside me!) when I see a gal in a dress. I admire women from afar and keep my "lustful" thoughts to myself (safer that way lol).

Heres a little insight to a mans perspective (in general anyway). When a female crosses a mans path she is evaluated and "checked out" for potential mating purposes. Kind of a throw back to our ancestors.

Society has taught (some of us anyway) men that we must be more discreet and not act upon that desire right away. We must 'court' the girl and get to know here. Bleck!!! Trust me when I say this; "men are attracted by sight" if you pass muster THEN we will consider spending the time to woo, court, and to get to know you. Of course the biological urge is to mate with as many females as we can, as quickly as we can, but our common sense (and current laws) make it very difficult to act on those urges. It has been said in many articles that men think of sex several times per minute. This is very true, especially when interacting with women on a regular basis. It has even been addressed in academia and some have proposed a separation of the sexes to facilitate learning. It seems the boys spend more time thinking of the girls in class than their studies (for me in school this was very true and having attractive female teachers in the classroom made it even more difficult!).

So yes, ladies, by all means wear your skirts, and dresses, and sexy tops every chance you get. We men love it and although we may not whistle or give wolf calls trust me when I say "we WILL be "thinking" of you later on!

5. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

:biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514:I've never seen it anywhere except in those dreams you have after you wake up to early,drink a pot of coffee and then go back to sleep...You know the kind?....I'd LOVE to see it tho':biggrin_255:.....I did see six guys ,all wearing turbans get out of 1 truck in a pickle park in Neb. once tho'....I kept waiting for them to walk their pet goat but I was running behind time and my bovine passengers were starting to complain so I strolled on and missed the show.

6. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

I hope you don't wear them speedos backwards like another fella on here does (cause they fit better on him that way I heard):biggrin_2551:.....His are probably "offally" licensed by Volvo tho':biggrin_25525:

7. Shortcircuit27

Shortcircuit27 Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Meadville,PA
    Sheesh, I best not tell y'all I usually wear miniskorts in the summer, lol. Skirt on the outside with shorts underneath. :biggrin_2556::biggrin_25522:3 times last summer I got questioned for being a lizard. Told them each time, "lizards dont wear panties":biggrin_25523::biggrin_25523:

8. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa
    Heck panties or not I just love looking at an attractive woman with nice legs showing perhaps a little cleavage too!

9. Lil'Devil

Lil'Devil Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Great White North

There is nothing wrong with wearing what you like in your own time, but I believe there is a time to dress sexy and a time to dress professional, In my opinion, if you are out there around mostly male truck drivers and you are wearing miniskirts, or miniskorts as you call them, you are just looking for attention.

10. Shortcircuit27

Shortcircuit27 Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Meadville,PA
    No, actually try making the hubby happy. :biggrin_255: Besides, they come in a nice stretch jean material that's really quite comfortable. Couldn't find plain old shorts made in the same material like that and be that comfy.

11. simplyred1962

simplyred1962 Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!!

:biggrin_255: Same,here,shortcircuit. And in the summer, when it's REALLY hot in the western states, a dress(or skorts) let's ya BREATHE, and you don't get heat rash! :biggrin_255:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.